Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Twist/Saito 72

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Twist/Saito 72

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 07:16 AM
bbellfly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twist/Saito 72

I am assembling my Twist now, have all control surfaces attached.

Installed motor mounts last night, then tried to test fit the Saito 72. It doesn't seem to fit.

The motor mounts will have to be spread apart slightly, but the main thing is the throttle assembly is against the side wall. The plastic throttle arm (when all the way rotated in) is against the inside sidewall and it won't let it rotate out. Seems the throttle linkage will have trouble lining up and connecting also.

Anyone who has mounted a Saito 72 to the Twist who can offer some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:27 AM
rightflyer

Default RE: Twist/Saito 72

I just relocated the throttle pushrod closer the throttle arm on the Saito. Plug the old hole wth epoxy.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 AM
bentgear

bbellfish, can't remember if I rotated my carb 180 degrees and came thru the other side to make more room or not, don't have the plane any more to check. I do remember that I bent the end of the pushrod into a circular 180 running it out past the control horn and then back for attachment.

Ed M.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:19 AM
rightflyer

My throttle arm is on the right side of the carb. I did use a quick link to make the install easier. If you want a picture, send me your email in a PM, but my setup is pretty simple and I have been fly it for over a year. You could use a bell crank, but it can get to be a challenge to setup as well.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:40 PM
bbellfly
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks!!!