Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Funtana.90 w/uniflow tank

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Funtana.90 w/uniflow tank

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Mikel-t
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana.90 w/uniflow tank

I'm at the point of installing a new Saito 100 ( as recommended by HH) in the Funtana, however the amount of posts about the CG and tail heavy nature with this engine is making me skectical. SO, when in doubt.... ask RCU!. Q: What if I pull-pull the rudder and use the tank set-up the heli guys use..UNI-FLOW style with pick-up and muffler pressure lines submerged then put the tank mid-ship?. May even want to mount the 100 inverted, battery on the engine box, Rx behind firewall, and throttle servo* on firewall. ? mostly I will fly mild 3D on fairly low pitch prop.

* undecided what JR servo at this time.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:11 PM
Zagiflyer576

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Funtana.90 w/uniflow tank

sounds like a good idea to me...

as for the servos..go with the best you can afford. If you can afford to dish out 120 bucks a servo, go with 8411s or 8611s. At 100 bucks a pop i would go with 8417's nice and fast and OK on torque...

just my opinion im sure others with have dif. views
Old 07-14-2005, 09:44 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Funtana.90 w/uniflow tank

I doubt that the Uni flo setup is made to work with a tank on the CG, it's too far back for muffler pressure to pump. You will need a Perry pump or Cline/Ironbay regulator. The Uni flow is cool but for tanks right on the firewall.