Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Wonderful maneuver Mark!

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Wonderful maneuver Mark!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 04:08 PM
stek79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wonderful maneuver Mark!

Hi Mark,
I saw a video in which you fly superbly an Hangar 9 Edge, Hacker powered.

In particoular, one manouver totally impressed me: you have done a slow roll until knife-edge position, than slow roll in the other direction until knife-edge position and so on...

These days I am training myself in doing slow rolls, in order to learn the mechanics necessary to do slow rolls in repetable way, and I think your manouver can be a nice one to try and repeat! I'm very interested in how to do it well.

In particular, in doing this maneuver, I imagine you put a variable quantity of rudder, as in a slow rolls: is that right? How can you tell how much rudder will be necessary? A progressive increasing quantity perhaps is not the best, in order to keep the same altitude and same heading...

I hope in a your replay, and very very compliments for your competion results!!!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:35 AM
daltonaviation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wonderful maneuver Mark!

Progressive rudder is a great way to think about the slow roll. Bear in mind that the airplane should be flying as straight as possible through the use of mixing. You will need to use rudder at some points and in the opposite direction that you wouldn't normally due to small errors made throughout the roll. You will need to use the rudder well before you get to the knifeedge positions to keep the straight line across the field. Try the maneuver going away from yourself to see you mistakes. This will be a great indicator on how to practice.
Hope this helps,
Mark Leseberg Jr.