Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

GSP Giles 202

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

GSP Giles 202

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 09:00 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GSP Giles 202

I also posted this in ARF,no results..
I doubt it is really good for 3D but it may make a good everyday 1/4 scale aerobat
Went to look at one in the store today.Was hanging of the ceiling and assembled.I have the GSP Katana and am very happy with it overall.Can I expect the same from this unit? It looks really sharp and well built and the price is great.Almost went home with it,but I thought I'd check in with the great folks at RCU.Please only reply if you had hands on experience with this exact kit.My power option would be OS 160 or YS 140 sport.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81364.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	297994  
Old 07-16-2005, 11:43 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: GSP Giles 202

Really like the Color Scheme---wish the Ultra Giles has a scheme more similar to this. I don't have hands on experience, but if it is fully assembled bring an accurate fishing scale in to weigh it.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:16 AM
nitro wing

Well,I never really fell in love with the Giles design,but this is one of the prettiest and most attractive Giles I've seen.
For what it costs,and if it is as good or better than the GSP Katana,then it would be a good buy.I think I will go for it on monday and maybe start a build thread.Will most likely go with OS 160 18x6W .If anyone has had some major problems with this ARF please post and save my butt from disapointment.Only flaw I noticed was that the ailerons are outboard and not full lenght of the wing,possibly resulting in poor response at post stall manouvers,but then they never claim it to be a 3D plane.

Spacewalker..Good idea with the scales,that may work.I think they claim it is under 11 pounds RTF,which would be very nice
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 AM
nitro wing

Am going to pick it up tomorrow.Hope it is a good 1/4 scale ARF.Details wil follow as I get into this thing...
Old 07-18-2005, 06:15 AM
Pete850

Hi Guys,

Maidened mine yesterday - and am pleased to say everything went fine. I have an MVVS 1.60 glow with an 18x6 prop on straight fuel. Dry weight is 11.5lbs. There seems to be plenty of power in reserve, although I didn't try anything too hairy with it. Just wanted to get it trimmed first. It only needed 2 clicks of up elevator and a click if right aileron for level flight. Landing was a breeze, 1/4 throttle and let it lose height then flair about 3 feet up to a 3-point landing.

Posted a couple of pics in reply to the ART thread but can't upload them here (for some reason).

If you have any questions on the plane, I'll be happy to answer as best as I can.

Pete