Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Somenzini E Yak 54

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Somenzini E Yak 54

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Harleyflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somenzini E Yak 54

Has anyone seen the Somenzini EYak 54? Looks like it might be awesome. 38 inch wingspan and length with a BL Brushless motor and 15 oz. battery which includes a 3 cell lipo battery pack. I also has an airfoiled wing. Wonder how this compares to the Eflite Yak 54F?
Old 09-11-2005, 09:23 AM
Harleyflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Somenzini E Yak 54

Actually, what this new plane reminds me more of is the Extreme Flight RC Yak 55SP, but the Somenzini Yak has a little bigger wingspan but appears to have similar weight and the same motor.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:25 PM
plainnnut
My Feedback: (6)

Is it like EF, the wing and hor. stab can be removed and packed in the carrying case?
Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 AM
Quique Somenzini

Our E-Yak54 has the wing and stab glue it to the fuselage. We believe with this method the airplane is more rigid giving better flying performance and the airplane still very small and easy to transport. This is same airplane design that I used to fly at ETOC'04 and also produced by E-Flite as the Yak54F (foamy). The wing area in this airplane is very generous (400 in.2) is fully balsa build up and has aifoiled wing. My idea with the E-Yak54 is to have an very light airplane that can perform well outdoors, track smoothly and very easy to hover and ideal trainer for hovering. With the airfoild wing the airplane flies more similar to the bigger airplanes. Maneuver like the Harrier the airplane is capable to keep the nose very high and still moving forward and very stable making easier to practice the hovering maneuvers.
Our E-Yak54 is 38" wingspan with 400 in.2 flying weight 15 to 16 oz..
We have the ARF kit or the combo that includes a powerful brushless motor, gear box, speed control, prop and spinner.
They are in stock ready to ship. Thank you.
Quique's Aircraft Co.
Quique Somenzini
President
www.somenzini.com
Old 12-18-2005, 02:51 AM
abcdefghi
My Feedback: (23)

On extreme flight you can remove the wings but you have a bigger problem the plane (EF yak 55 ) fly like crap .
Also Before removing the wing you have to remove the servos first , at least 2 .
The QQ the wing is glued to the fuse and fly like a big bird nice steady and very predictable, 3d maneuvers are easy with the QQ .
I own both planes and if i have to rate this plane on a scale 1 to 10 i will rate the QQ Eyak 10 , and the extreme flight a 2

Old 12-18-2005, 05:39 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts

The QQ (the E Yak only, mind you) build quality is the worst I have seen in, well, forever. Every part I have is warped beyond straightening to anywhere near "true to the eye", with the exception of the wing itself, and the fuse looks like a fish's body swimming upstream whenever moving the control surfaces with the servos - it is that flexible and flimsy. The fuse is so warped and crooked that I have given up even trying to do anything with it. I can't imagine any type of precision maneuver being possible with it - then again, it is just a park flyer...
I will admit that I don't know how it flies, because I haven't flown it yet - partially due to weather and partially because building it put a sour taste in my mouth. I have heard it flies well, so maybe I should take its "built by a 3-year-old" quality with a grain of salt and huck it and see what happens.
Don't get me wrong, though - it's worth a try at $139. Even if the plane is crap, you can put the powerplant in something else if you hate the plane that much. But if I would have paid the $209 origional price and got what I got, you can bet I would have thrown a fit like a little baby!!

Sorry Quique - I like your larger designs and think they are top notch, but surely you don't intend to stand behind this design for much longer...perhaps that is why they are so cheap - so you can get rid of them and get better builders to do a better job on a better design, particularly the flimsy fuse!!!!