Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 Downthrust on H9 CAP 232 80"? >

Downthrust on H9 CAP 232 80"?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Downthrust on H9 CAP 232 80"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downthrust on H9 CAP 232 80"?

Hi,

I'm just setting up the engine mounting for a DA-50 on an H9 CAP. Can anyone recall that has flown this plane, particularly 3D, if and what the down thrust ange was?

Thanks

Lang
Old 09-22-2005, 04:45 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Downthrust on H9 CAP 232 80"?

I set mine up just stock(just built it a month or two back). And eventually added 2 (1/16) washers right thrust. The rest should be built into the box.....Flies great. I would recommend a shorter standoff than the current standoffs supplied with the DA seeing as they make the cowl come out to far..... The best i can get is 1/8" clearence from the cowl with my spinner, and that is with the cowl all the way out....Good Luck, any more questions or if you need some pics just PM me at any time. The plane flies great, you will love the waterfalls and harriers!!!
Nealio
Old 09-22-2005, 04:53 PM

Default RE: Downthrust on H9 CAP 232 80"?

Hi Nealio,

Thanks for your feedback. Like you did for your installation I think that I'll run with stock settings and then trim accordingly. I used the stock stand offs as supplied by DA and my DA-50 fitted nicely on the firewall. I haven't accurately set the CG yet but so far it seems to balance aout right.

I may PM you in relation to some pics, etc.

Cheers

Lang