Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Funtana 90 Rudder Coupling

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Funtana 90 Rudder Coupling

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 04:14 PM
sailerf2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funtana 90 Rudder Coupling

I have been flying the Funtana 90 for a little while and the only thing that I don't like about it is the rudder coupling. Has anyone else had this problem? I want to dial it out with my radio. If you have don't this how much does it take?

Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 04:18 PM
Not24
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Funtana 90 Rudder Coupling

Move the cg forward and restrict the rudder travel to about 85% of available throw and then you will only need a little up elevator during a KE run.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:54 PM
emnm79
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Funtana 90 Rudder Coupling

I've noticed the same, forward cg makes it stable, but there is still a pull to the belly, no roll coupling, but it takes a good amount of speed if you dont have the throws completely maxed... If you move the cg back, it doesn't require as much speed, but you really have to be on top of things or it can get out of hand easily..

Just a little bit of cg moving (ie, I moved my 2500 nimh battery about 2 or 3 inches) and it made a huge difference in the tail controls, and gives the plane a tendency to drop the tail at slower flight giving a better transition into high alpha... my gas tank is behind the cg, so as I loose fuel it stops doing this for good nose heavy landings