Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Maxair Revolution II Velox

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 PM
MIXMASTER
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maxair Revolution II Velox

The nylon mounts do flex some( if you grip the engine by hand & move, the rails will give some). As long as overall vibration is acceptable, leave it alone, the glass filled nylon is tough enough, if you have to change it, try aluminum rails.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

rclement...

Nice you see your voice again, how are ya?

If you're looking for performance like the Velox I don't think you can totally match it. Mine flew so nice, it was amazing. But I think the closest you'll find are the new 69" Yaks. QQ makes an excellent one, Aeroworks also. I'm sure there are a few others. They will come close but I don't think they'll match it totally. And, oh year, they cost about twice as much.

Thanks
Barry
Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Hey all,

I just put a velox together. Actually it was already together, just needing the servos and an engine. I can't find a manual for this plane. Can someone give me the recommended throws and a cg that is good for hovering and harriers?

Thanks in advance

Z
Old 05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

rclement...

Nice you see your voice again, how are ya?

If you're looking for performance like the Velox I don't think you can totally match it. Mine flew so nice, it was amazing. But I think the closest you'll find are the new 69" Yaks. QQ makes an excellent one, Aeroworks also. I'm sure there are a few others. They will come close but I don't think they'll match it totally. And, oh year, they cost about twice as much.

Thanks
Barry
Hey Barry, Nice to see you on here too. I'm doing well and flying a lot, how about you? Yeah, I saw the QQ Yaks and thought about that, not sure if I want to spent that much though. I've been looking into the Magic Hand Yaks too. That might work. I need more info on them though. Thanks Barry. Rob
Old 05-29-2008, 04:05 AM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

rclement,
I have one of the Magic Hand 73" yaks. VERY nice build other than a heavy wing tube. Hopefully will maiden it this weekend. my build thread is on here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_72...tm.htm#7251076

Jeff
Old 05-29-2008, 01:28 PM
rclement

Thanks, I'll be interested to see how your maiden goes.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:20 PM
chepenik

Hello Basement Troll,

Thank you for initiating this thread; very helpful to assembly of Maxair Velox II purchased a year or so ago.

Perhaps you can help me with regard to installation of YS FZ110S. Am installing engine inverted and am trying to decide the extent to which cowl needs to be trimmed. It is my impression the bottom of the cowl (-|_|-; the part that sticks down) will have to be cut away in its entirety. Also, am not able to place the thrust washer of the YS 110 any closer than 216mm to the firewall rather than 208mm called for in instructions; throttle arm bumps up against the upright portion of engine mount; will the extra 8 mm make any difference, in your opinion.

Any suggestions you are able to give, based on your experience building this airplane, would be appreciated.

Happy Flying,
Ken Chepenik
Old 07-29-2008, 08:43 PM
choopi

Guys,

If anybody is looking for a NIB Maxair Velox it's your lucky day, I'm selling my spare one. I still fly mine and it's holding good.

http://www.rccanada.ca/rccforum/showthread.php?t=77767

Any interest let me know.

Eric
Old 03-10-2012, 07:46 PM
TravisP32

Hi, I'm really stuck and need a cockpit canopy for this plane. I broke the one I have and trying to match one up is harder than I thought. Plus I even built a vacuum former to try and make one. Thats no going so great either. If anyone has a wrecked plane that has a canopy I would be interested in buying it. Just grasping at straws but you never know. Thanks
Old 03-12-2012, 06:37 AM
RoyR

I wish I could help you out on a canopy, I know how frustrating it can be that something like that keeps you from enjoying a good flying plane.
Since this thread has been temporarily opened again I would like to make a few comments.
I still have my Maxair Velox. I love the way it flies and wish I had bought another when they had their two for one going out of business sale.
I have been flying RC for many years. I am not an expert, nor do I fly competition. I am strictly a sport flier. I don’t fly 3D, and just enjoy basic aerobatics. For the type flying I do, I think this airplane is the best available. I recently got into gas with a 30cc Sbach. It is a pretty airplane and flies very good, but for stability and response, and for my use, I don’t think it is close to the Velox. I also have a 120 size Yak 54 from Aeroworks. It too is smooth flying and very easy to handle, but still just short of what I get out of the Velox.
My problem is the Maxair kit really seems to be constructed from inferior materials. I have to carry CA with me because I have cracked parts of it many times just by picking it up. The covering quality is below average to poor. I haven’t flown it lately because the covering is completely wrinkled and comes apart when I try to tighten it. I’m planning on recovering it before too long.
Speaking of canopies, I have repaired mine many times because it too breaks easily. It now has quite a few extra bumps and cracks on it.

I have really enjoyed flying this airplane. I just wish I could find something similar today. Yes, I’ve seen the smaller electrics, but does anyone know of a kit (ARF) about the same size, like for a 120 glow or 30cc?
Old 03-12-2012, 07:24 AM
ABORH

I agree with the above comments. I dumb-thumbed mine. I have a good left wing though.. I am sorry I cannot help you with the Canopy. Mine was in itty bitty pieces.[:@]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75783.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	1737934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34589.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	134.6 KB
ID:	1737935