Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

kyosho cap

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

kyosho cap

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 04:12 AM
superdave118

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho cap

has anyone flown the 40 size cap from kyosho? if so how did it fly? can you do 3d with it and what size engine did you use?
Old 11-29-2002, 04:49 AM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

Default kyosho cap

i had a 60 size kyosho cap and i would have to sy that it is not a 3d airplane. however it did do an awsome blender, i just didnt like the hovering abilities of it. they don't call them snappy cappy's for nothing. mine would drop a wing a t slow speeds. i had a supertiger 90 on it. plenty of power!!!
Chad
Old 11-29-2002, 06:36 AM
aerobat82
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Default kyosho cap

I had one with a Saito 72 in it and it flew really pretty good. I had to add like an ounce and a half of tale weight to get to land like it should, but other than that it was pretty good.

As far as 3d, Not only NO, but Hell NO, like he said before SNAPPY CAPPY, and plus the airfoil is just to thin I think to hold a good hover.

If you want a better Cap 232, in the fourty size category, go with the yellow aircraft cap, I have flown one of them and It was the best flying sport airplane I have ever flown in the fourty class of airplanes. I am pretty sure he had a Surpass 70 turning a 13X6 prop. Unlimited vertical, and it was 3d capable if the pilot was capable. ( In other words it would 3d, but was not very stable)
Old 11-29-2002, 01:31 PM
ScottK
My Feedback: (9)

Default kyosho cap

You guys must not have used enough throw for your 3D!
(or too much for your normal rates)

Kyosho Cap232 60-size w/Saito .91 balanced just behind the rear of the recommended range.

Only significant mod:
Stabilized the elevator & rudder pushrods just behind the servo tray to prevent deflection.

It does every 3D move in the book:
Harrier/Elevator
Blenders/Flatspins-upright and inverted
Wall/Parachute
Hover/TR
and excellent knife-edge spins!

Though not really 3D, it'll knife-edge loop, too.

The big deal with any 3D setup are the extreme throws you need - especially on the elevator! Use a linkage that produces "normal rates" at around 18-20% in your dual rate programming (big servo arms). 3D rates are then 100-120%. You should be getting 40-50 degrees deflection.

You should be functionally unable to fly the plane with no expo on 3D rates. You'll need something like -40% to -60% with a Futaba.

If you use a rate that produces snaps at full deflection, you are using slow linkages/servos, have differential or warp in a surface somewhere, or (most likely) are in the "no-man's-land" throw range - too much to fly, not enough for 3D.

Gotta go fly...see ya!
Old 11-29-2002, 06:37 PM
Welsh3D

Default kyosho cap

I altered the back of mine to get more throw and it's a babe to 3D.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:17 PM
coony2787
My Feedback: (33)

Default kyosho cap

dag gum i guess i should have kept mine!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 09:54 PM
Welsh3D

Default kyosho cap

Go to www.aeroforce.co.uk ... click the CAP page on the left... this is mine after I recovered it.. has a YS 63... havent flown it with this motor yet.. had an irvine 53 before.. needed more power and reliability.. it's heavier now but i think it can cope... may fly it on sunday if the weather is ok.