Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

cap x vs cap580

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

cap x vs cap580

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:21 PM
tony_232

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cap x vs cap580

anyone have a clew if the greatplanes cap580 .46 will fly like the chip hyde cap-x. trying to find something to practice on b4 i try to fly the X. it will be my first low wing plane and i dont mind puting the 580 in the dirt but i dont want to crash the X
Old 06-04-2006, 07:15 PM
wings19

Default RE: cap x vs cap580

Haven't flown the X but I have the CAP 580 .40 size from great planes. I run a 61fx in it and it is a great flying plane! It isn't the most capable 3D plane but I have 3D throws set in and it is ok with it. You can hover and harrier and some basic things like that. The plane is just pretty small and it can be hard to hover such a small plane I thinkg. No tip stall problems though like CAP's are famous for. That CAP X looks pretty sweet tho!
Old 06-05-2006, 12:27 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

If you get good with the 580,then theCap X will be an easy transition.This is only true if both planes are set up properly.If you are stepping from trainer to a Cap,then you may find things a little tough.I'd suggest another low wing before going with performance Caps,maybe try a Twist or Tiger,then get a Cap and fly it with more confidence.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:49 AM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Tony:

Keep your sights on the CH Cap X. It's like no other cap, bad habits have been worked out making it a great solid bird. Fly mine with a ZDZ 40, pleanty of 3-D power here. ENJOY
Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

Fly the big one. It will be a lot more stable. Save the little one for a raffle or something. The video of the Cap X flying on here should explain it all.

Here is the 40% I bought from Swat Cop:

http://www.streamload.com/swatcop/EL...Cloud_0001.wmv

Thats him flying not me! Ill do a crazy 3D video at some point.