Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Are 40% planes dead?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Are 40% planes dead?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 08:05 AM
awschucks
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are 40% planes dead?

I've been trying to sell a couple of 40% planes and have gotten no response!!! I think the price is right ( lowered it several times) and nothing!!! What gives? How about a new, never flown, ready to fly 40% Extra that weighs less than 34 lbs for less than $3200!!! The kit is around $2000. The DA is 1500. The servos are 1400. The batteries are 400 and so on.

Dave
Old 06-23-2006, 08:24 AM
Flyfalcons

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are 40% planes dead?

I looked at the items you have for sale and didn't see a 40%?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:50 AM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

I would throw down on one but I am guessing you dont want to ship to South FL!! I recently purchased a RTF 40% but it was here in FL.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

Are you talking about the 40%er that J.S. flew at the TAC? That sounded like too good of a deal to me. Like something was wrong--price too low. Why are you selling it so cheap?

It does not look like you have it listed anymore. Last price was $3,900?

Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 AM
awschucks
My Feedback: (23)

Hi,

I have had a detached retiina and this means I am done flying.

Soooo, I am selling many planes. One is Jason's TOC plane and the other is a new Fiberclassics 330XL. It is not quite finished (needs the smoke and fuel tank mounted) and the rest is new. Nothing wrong with Jason's plane and the other one has some hanger rash, but fixed professionally. I bought the second one with the rash. Jason's plane is in the same condition that it was when he flew it at the TOC. I think this is the plane that he caught the fish with. (I am seller awschucks on Ebay with many positive feedbacks, so I think you can beleive what I am saying). Jason's plane is $3900 as It is one of a kind with mostly Kevlar and lighter than stock planes. I'm asking $3200 for the other one. I've had basically no responses.... Is every one out of the big plane market? Should I put these thru a shredder and make small electrics out of them?

Any way, I've had no responses to either plane. If asked, I would pack them up in a wood shipping crate to anywhere in the US. Forward air is the cheapest.

If you want to pay more for Jason's plane, I can raise the price, but I was assuming the price would get some action in the sales department.

What am I doing wrong?

Dave
Old 06-23-2006, 12:17 PM
shag555

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, the prices seem to be a steal. However, most of us are figuring out how to get a 100 - 150 cc plane paid for, let alone figure out all of the complexities of the plane in a 40% category.

In other words, the market you are tailoring to is fairly slim??? I wouldn't get too worried about it. Keep them on there and someone will pick them up.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:55 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: awschucks

Hi,

I have had a detached retiina and this means I am done flying.

What am I doing wrong?

Dave
Sorry to hear of your bad health condition.

I think most that want a 40% are competitive IMAC guys. I am sure you are already trying to market there.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:59 PM
mrbigg
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that the cost of the big planes is a prohibiting factor for some. Not to mention the transportation to the field. If I had the cash, your Extra would be mine.