Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Ultra-RC 29% Giles 202 hinges

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Ultra-RC 29% Giles 202 hinges

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 08:55 AM
stunt-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra-RC 29% Giles 202 hinges

I am presently ready to mount the hinges for the ailerons and elevator. I am a bit concerned with the method of attaching the hinges with the wood screws. Could some of you who have used the stock setup of attaching report if you had any issues later, or if all proved OK.

Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 02:29 PM
mwarren400

Default RE: Ultra-RC 29% Giles 202 hinges

I have no idea what you are talking about. The Ultra-RC Giles 202 uses Robart Hinges that are epoxied into place and then pinned for additional security.

I drilled 1/32 holes and used T-pins and then cut off the excess with a dremel. Make sure you put vaseline on the hinge joint before epoxying.

Are you refering to the Control Horn on the Aileron?? If so....drill the holes for the screws using the Control Horn as a template....screw in the screws...remove the screws...drip 3 drops of thin CA into each hole....screw them back in.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:43 PM
stunt-man

Default RE: Ultra-RC 29% Giles 202 hinges

Sorry for my mistake. I meant "control horns" rather than "hinges". Tired from building last night. Your solution using thin CA to lock the screws in place makes sense.