Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is ready for download

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is ready for download

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 PM
waltea00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is ready for download

The ISO option has a 2G file size limit
Old 11-21-2006, 05:03 PM
barnyardflyer
My Feedback: (2)

I downloaded the 4 files and when I tried to run the exe, I got an error message. I redownloaded the first file, then all was well. Burning to DVD was a success!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:39 PM
lcacciatore

ORIGINAL: waltea00

The ISO option has a 2G file size limit
If you start from the SmartStart and select DVD from the top dropdown. Then select the backup icon you should see a Burn Image to Disc. Select this Icon and it should launch nero express. You should now have a Open dialog box on your screen. Navigate to the location you downloaded the ISO file to and select it. If express has your DVD burner already selected and you have a burnable DVD in the drive just select burn. This should create the DVD correctly for you.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:44 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

So far this is working for me. Can others test this?

Step 1: download uTorrent Cleint at www.utorrent.com

Step 2: Install uTorrent Client

Step 2.5: Run uTorrent Client and set your speed

Step 3: Save this file to your hard drive: http://www.somersetsignalsenders.org...06.iso.torrent

Step 4: Click on that file and it should launch uTorrent and start to download.

The more people who download and leave uTorrent open the faster everyone can start sharing the slices that make up the entire ISO image

Problems or questions post here.
I've got the torrent running now... obviously not a lot of seeds. only getting 23k of speed. I'll let it run for a day or two, see if anything improves. If others would jump on this torrent, it would sure help everything.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Look under "other" and you will see Burn DVD image or Burn Image... THEN the ISO appears as a selectable file... no need to change any other options just burn it...

If you have probs with Audio try selecting a slower speed burn... 1/2 max speed it says...

I am using Nero 6 from the SmartStart Suite that I got from my Sony DVD Burner. I used the 'Make your own DVD-Video' option which launches Nerovision Express. I selected 'Add Video Files'; I did notice that .ISO was not one of the file types that it recognized so I selected 'view all files' and dragged the ISO file to the burn workspace.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:50 PM
sl1200mk2

wayne - to give you an idea of what we are moving. you were capping at 3mbps. we are pushing 500mbps now. the demand for this is huge
Yeah Marc, that's huge for sure. We've got multiple OC-3 connections coming into the building, but I've got a couple hundred other servers to think about too. A single box pushing 50mbit or more would draw some attention on the MRTG graphs for sure.

Glad to help even if it's small though.

- Wayne
Old 11-21-2006, 10:27 PM
mudpuppy

Downloaded with the FDM, created the ISO file, and burned to disc (using DVD Decrypter). Worked great! Thanks RCU!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:37 PM
lcacciatore

We seem to have the bittorrent sharing working but we need some help in increasing the share speed. If anyone that has already gotten the ISO and hasn't deleted it from their system and would be willing to load up the uTorrent client if you don't already have a Bittorrent client. We could use your help. You can get the utorrent client at http://www.utorrent.com.

Once you have it loaded shoot me an email and I'll give you directions on getting it started.

Thanks,

Old 11-22-2006, 01:22 AM
bigedmustafa

Just wanted to offer a hearty "thank you" to RC Universe for making this DVD available. I burned the iso image to disc and watched the whole thing tonight. What terrific footage! The helicopter demonstrations were worth the effort; all of the amazing freestyle routines were just icing on the cake. Thanks again for this free DVD.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:24 AM
MrFlash

ORIGINAL: lcacciatore

We seem to have the bittorrent sharing working but we need some help in increasing the share speed. If anyone that has already gotten the ISO and hasn't deleted it from their system and would be willing to load up the uTorrent client if you don't already have a Bittorrent client. We could use your help. You can get the utorrent client at http://www.utorrent.com.

Once you have it loaded shoot me an email and I'll give you directions on getting it started.

Thanks,

Cheers Dude, Torrents working great now. Ill leave mine open for the next few days to try and help things along. Im only on 25% so far but at least its going

Also managed to get it via normal d/l ..seemed to slow down when u guys across the pond woke up but then nicely back upto speed again

Thanks again fellas for all yer efforts , appreciate it !!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:01 AM
AKFireMedic

Wow, um...I thought I had computers down pretty good and then when I couldn't even get anything to read the .iso file on my computer I started reading the posts here about what could be wrong. Well, It seems I am WAY over my head with this free download because I don't understand a word you all are saying. Is there an EASY button I can push for this?? Or maybe someone wants to burn me a copy and I'll send them a couple of DVD blanks and a voucher for their local liquor store for their trouble?[&:]
Old 11-22-2006, 08:24 AM
lcacciatore

ORIGINAL: AKFireMedic

Wow, um...I thought I had computers down pretty good and then when I couldn't even get anything to read the .iso file on my computer I started reading the posts here about what could be wrong. Well, It seems I am WAY over my head with this free download because I don't understand a word you all are saying. Is there an EASY button I can push for this?? Or maybe someone wants to burn me a copy and I'll send them a couple of DVD blanks and a voucher for their local liquor store for their trouble?[&:]
If you let me know were you're stuck with making the DVD I could help to step you through the rest of the steps.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:29 AM
netdudeuk

Default RE: Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is complete

I've just downloaded all of the files and cannot extract the ISO. This is with WINRAR version 3.41 and version 3.61.

An attempt to open the archive gives

"! C:\Media\TucsonAerobaticShootout2006.part1.exe: Unexpected end of archive"

A test of the archive produces the following

"! C:\Media\TucsonAerobaticShootout2006.part1.exe: Packed data CRC failed in TucsonAerobaticShootout2006.iso. The volume is corrupt
! CRC failed in TucsonAerobaticShootout2006.iso. The file is corrupt"

There's no clue about which file is not valid. Anyone else seen this ?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Sounds like you may need to re-download the first (EXE) file...

You don't need WinRar this is a self-extracting file.

Run it and it will open a window and then shoew each file being extracted... if it doesn't get to the 2nd part... then the first file (EXE) is corrupted.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:17 AM
lcacciatore

Either in one of the post or on the web page that had the links for the rar files, you can find hashcalc numbers for each file and there's a link to the hashcalc program that you can use to check these files to make should your downloads are correct.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:31 AM
philipev

I've downloaded the 4 files and have tried combining them but keep getting "Write error in file. Probably disk is full." Have 22G plus available. Could there be a setting for WinRAR that needs adjusted. Running Win98. Trying to download the .ISO but have 156 hours to try combining the files again.

Phil
Old 11-22-2006, 10:39 AM
waltea00

I can play the .ISO file directly with Windows Media Player and Nero Player by opening it from my hard drive. It does not matter if I run it from the DVD or hard drive, I do not get any audio. Is it possible I am missing a CODEC needed to play the audio.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:44 AM
lcacciatore

I can play the .ISO file directly with Windows Media Player and Nero Player by opening it from my hard drive. It does not matter if I run it from the DVD or hard drive, I do not get any audio. Is it possible I am missing a CODEC needed to play the audio.
That could be a possibility but I didn't use any special audio CODEC in creating the DVD. Can you play other DVD's on your system?

Also when you say that you played the ISO file directly do you mean that you selected the actual ISO file? You haven't mounted the ISO file and then selected the mounting drive. I'm just trying to understand what exactly you're doing. I haven't tried to actually open the ISO in Media player. I'll give this a try when I get home to see what's happening.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:29 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

This was the problem I had initially, but managed to figure it out. From one of the above posts:
If you start from the SmartStart and select DVD from the top dropdown. Then select the backup icon you should see a Burn Image to Disc. Select this Icon and it should launch nero express. You should now have a Open dialog box on your screen. Navigate to the location you downloaded the ISO file to and select it. If express has your DVD burner already selected and you have a burnable DVD in the drive just select burn. This should create the DVD correctly for you.
I am using Nero Express and there are many options to burn audio, video, etc. files. I chose the "Burn image to disc" option and that got me the sound and video on either DVD-R or +R media. My problem is that I can't hear any audio on my 5 year old DVD player through my TV.( works fine on the computer). I suspect it's my DVD player, although other DVD movies work fine
Old 11-22-2006, 12:46 PM
netdudeuk

ORIGINAL: Maudib

Sounds like you may need to re-download the first (EXE) file...

You don't need WinRar this is a self-extracting file.

Run it and it will open a window and then shoew each file being extracted... if it doesn't get to the 2nd part... then the first file (EXE) is corrupted.
Thanks. How do you know that it's the first file ?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the first file should be around 1024MB or so. if it isn't you only got part of it
Old 11-22-2006, 02:08 PM
netdudeuk

the first file should be around 1024MB or so. if it isn't you only got part of it
First three files are 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

The last file is 795 MB (834,376,245 bytes)
Old 11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
dmcmike
My Feedback: (14)

I've got the torrent running, with about 10 peers showing. Upload speed is around 240k/s, so if anybody wants the file in a hurry, and wants to save RCU some bandwidth, just dl the torrent http://www.somersetsignalsenders.org...06.iso.torrent and the client at http://www.bittorrent.com/download.html Just install the program first, then double click the ...iso.torrent file. You'll be dl'ing from many different sources, at a much higher speed. and like i said, you'll be saving some bandwidth for RCU. and once you get the complete file, leave the torrent program running, so others can pull from you... You'll find the whole thing sorta snowballs and everybody wins!

BTW, the DVD is pretty good! Wifey even got a kick out of it, and the kids loved the Heli Demo!

(edit)... Oops.. THANKS RCU!
Old 11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
netdudeuk

ORIGINAL: lcacciatore

Either in one of the post or on the web page that had the links for the rar files, you can find hashcalc numbers for each file and there's a link to the hashcalc program that you can use to check these files to make should your downloads are correct.
Thanks but I've read the whole thread and can't see hash values for the individual files.

Does anyone know what they are for these individual files ?

Thanks again
Old 11-22-2006, 02:41 PM
waltea00

The .ISO file type is NOT set to automatically launch Nero or Windows Media, so I must open the respective program and use the FILE/OPEN option for the .ISO file and it plays the Video but not the audio. I tried it on a different computer with the same results and tried it on 2 different high quality DVD players hooked into my TV system. All played the Video without the Audio.

BTW, I can copy the .ISO file to DVD and also make a DVD Video disk with Nero but the results are the same whether running from the disk version or the hard drive .ISO file. No audio.

I have assumed that since the HASH value is correct with the expected result, that no corruption has occured during the combining process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.