Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Aeroworks 33% edge 540t arf CG >

Aeroworks 33% edge 540t arf CG

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Aeroworks 33% edge 540t arf CG

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 01:16 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroworks 33% edge 540t arf CG

I just did a balance using the sling method and My cg is about 1/4
inch in front of the wing tube. Anyone flying at this CG?
i would have to add about a pound in the nose to get it over 1 inch.. any ideas if i need to adjust? i have a DA-100 and the reciever batteries are snugged up to the back of the wing tube. how close can i move them forward before getting RF interference from the ignition? they are about 13 inches away from ignition box now.. thanks for your reply

ps. was thinking about replacing the rear stab aluminum tube with a carbon fiber one..
Old 01-27-2003, 01:26 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fly it....... I have owned several of these models, usually I balance it right on the tube, or even behind that in some cases.

Give it a ride you'll be fine. You can decide what's right for you after your first few flights.
Old 01-27-2003, 01:27 AM

ok sounds good ill give it a try thanks
Old 01-27-2003, 04:49 AM
My Feedback: (11)

I started with mine just slightly forward of the tube. I had to all weight to get it to that point. I have since removed the weight, and it now balances behind the tub. I haven't measured it to know where exactly, as I just kept removing the weight until it felt right. I am going to remove the last bit of weight thats on there, and I think it would be just about right. Then I'll measure where it is.

Basically, if you are just forward of the wing tube, you will be find, and will eventually start shredding that excess weight. So don't mount it permanently
Old 01-27-2003, 07:34 PM

Keith, I fly mine ahead of the CG. I jsut recently added 2 1 1/2 inch length dowels inside of my stab tube, because I stripped out on of the threads in the tube. I wasn't about to rotate the tube and drill 2 new holes, so, I decided to add the dowels inside the tube, and drilled and tapped the dowel also. The vechicle I drive doesn't allow me to keep teh stabs on my plane, so I have to remove them each time I fly. So, now I have a machine screw going into an alum. tubed with a dowel backer inside. Needless to say, I added a little bit of tail weight to my already NOSE heavy plane. My CG is definately in front of the wing tube. Doesn't AW recommend the CG to be on the tube or just slightly ahead?? I don't recall the specs there.

But if you were to remove the alum stab tube and replace with CF, you would make your plane more nose heavy. If I were you, and wanted the CG right on the money, this ust depends upon which servos you are using on your rudder. If you are using High Torque standard size servos, there are cut outs in the rear of the plane for the rudder servos. I'd put them there. That will get you closer to the CG you are desiring. But there is nothing wrong with a NOSE heavy plane.

I used CF LG on mine for a few months, until it started to De-lam, adn took it off and replaced it with the regular alum. I saved about 6 ozs with the CF gear ahead of the CG. My plane didnt track any better, it didnt fly any better, it didnt do anything any better. My trims didn't change not 1 beep of trim. I'm actually glad that CF gear started to de-lam. I have a NIP CF Gear for the 33% Edge for sale, if you are interested. EM me off the forum, and I can give specifics to you.

Fly it nose heavy and let it be!! I am, and I did!!!

My Email address is [email protected]

Good Luck!!!

Chris~