Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

75CC Aeroworks YAK questions

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

75CC Aeroworks YAK questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 08:49 PM
GeeBeeMan21
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 75CC Aeroworks YAK questions

I have a 3w80 twin. I am wondering if it will fit cleanly inside the cowl of the Yak from Aeroworks Quick Build Series. I am not wanting want to have the jugs hanging outside the cowl. If you could atleast tell me the inside dementions of the cowl. Thanks everyone for looking....

Todd
Old 12-21-2006, 06:34 AM
bodywerks
My Feedback: (4)

Received 60 Likes on 55 Posts
Default RE: 75CC Aeroworks YAK questions

It definitely should fit, especially if it is narrower than a DA 100, which it should be. The Aeroworks boys shoved the DA 100 into the cowl and it fit without touching. Of course this was without the plug caps and didn't account for engine offset due to right thrust. Still, your 80 should fit no problem.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:10 PM
GeeBeeMan21
My Feedback: (110)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 75CC Aeroworks YAK questions

Alright. I appriciate the quick response. I have a 3w80 TOC version. Its in my 35% carden cap and hauls it around with no problems. Everyone that watches it flies cant believe its an 80. I was thinking about throwing a 100 in that and put that 80 in one of those Yaks. It would definitely be a strong one in it.