Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Peakmodel Pro seller

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Peakmodel Pro seller

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Flynow1
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Peakmodel Pro seller

Just a word of caution / use PeakModel at your own risk. Prices seem pretty good but beware , customer service is nonexistent , parts were broken, manual is total useless. Think about the LHS ,Tower, Horrizon and etc. These might be a few bucks higher but you have service. I would NEVER buy from these guys again. [:'(]
Skip
Old 01-06-2007, 02:31 PM
XJet
Banned

Default RE: Peakmodel Pro seller

My experience with PeakModel is somewhat different.

I ordered a model and it got damaged in transit (it was an RTF and the transmitter was damaged). They replaced the transmitter and threw in a spare LiPo for my trouble.

Since then I've bought a number of other items (engines, props, spinners, etc) and they've all been fine.

A friend recently ordered two Sanye/ASP 52 2-stroke engines from them though, and he ended up with two of those absolutely useless old ASP .53s instead. These engines are absolute rubbish, making no more power than an average .40-sized motor and having *no* ABC pinch, thus very little compression.

He'll be taking the matter up with them -- he certainly didn't get the high-performance engines he ordered so there is protection under the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act if he can't get satisfaction -- although based on my experiences they will put it right as a matter of good customer service.

There are plenty of other folks I know who have bought stuff from PeakModel without any problems.

Yeah, some of the stuff comes without any instructions -- but there's no such thing as a free lunch and, as you pointed out, the prices are very cheap. You get what you pay for and PeakModel fills an important niche in the market for those who would rather pay less and figure some things out for themselves.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:34 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

Ive ordered quite a few things from them, great service an fast. Awsome pricing.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Flynow1

Glad it worked out for you guys. I brought this up at our last club meeting, 11 people had purchased , 6 good, 3 bad, 2 very bad. I would put my experience in the bad area. In any case, best of luck to all those that choose to use them.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:06 PM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me and some friends have ordered a number of shipments during the last months. Everything has gone fine, some goods vere damaged in the mail and a couple SPE 26 engines didn`t work as intended, but Peak have sent new parts/engines every time. We have nothing to complain about.

Flynow1. You only state that something was broken, have you given Peak a chance to correct this?? My experience is that they will, if you e-mail them about this
Old 01-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Flynow1

e-mailed several times and got "yes its a bad manual and sorry about the parts" didn't answer several other questions I had. The model they had shown flying and the results I got was far different. not enough motor to get the plane out of it's own way.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Whats the shipping on this stuff?

What about customs?

I just about bought an airplane from them--but the shipping was OUTRAGEOUS. I got no problem paying for shipping on these big ARFs. I do it all the timew in the USA. Costs between $50 and $75 to ship a big 28% or 30% Extra, Cap, Edge etc..

But, how on earth can it cost like $200 to ship the planes from Peak? I know they are in China, but thats rediculous.

If you CAN get it shipped--how in the world do you get around customs? Do they ship directly to your house or office? Do you have to pay import taxes and go pick it up at the airport?
Old 01-07-2007, 09:42 PM
skiman762

Peak has the shipping listed on the website
I looked into it and have ordered stuff from China which is where peak model has their stuff shipped from
rc stuff is classified as toys and toy parts and is exempt from import tax coming from China this came from the US customs office
Old 01-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Somethin's changed.

I just ordered 3 GS gassers (Katana, Edge, and the Giles) from them and it says shipping is FREE.

I didn't actually buy all of them, but took the shopping cart all the way to checkout before I dumped it all. So, do they hit you with the shipping charges later? Or is it really free shipping on a GS ARF?

I hope you tell me that it's a sham and they hit you with the shipping charges later. Because if they really are shipping those models to my house for that price, I'm gonna be in HOOOOOOOOT water with my wife for about 6 months. [sm=drowning.gif]

She'll get over it. [sm=lol.gif]
Old 01-08-2007, 02:30 AM
XJet
Banned

ORIGINAL: Flynow1

e-mailed several times and got "yes its a bad manual and sorry about the parts" didn't answer several other questions I had. The model they had shown flying and the results I got was far different. not enough motor to get the plane out of it's own way.
That was the SPE26 right? :-)