Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Do you use high and lo rates, or??

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Do you use high and lo rates, or??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:22 AM
mtwister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you use high and lo rates, or??

Or do you use max throw with a ton of expo? Up until recently I have been flying with hi and lo rates, then one day flying with my friend and having him help me through some manuevers he asked "why do you keep flipping switches?" I was like "duh, hi rates lo rates, geeesh" Then he showed me how he flies with just one rate, but dials in alot more than normal expo. So, I set up a plane like this, flew it and now love it. Why didn't I think of this before? How do you set up your 3D a/c?
Old 02-01-2007, 11:38 AM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Do you use high and lo rates, or??

Well it's what ever works best for you and your plane/planes and your flying style. I've seen some guys that don't want to mess with and worry about if they have it set up right. But I personally would rather take the time to set it up and use it. Works for me.........[8D]
Old 02-01-2007, 12:16 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

I hate flipping switches too. I just put expo on everything and have at it.

However, I'll never be as precise as guys flying with their flight modes and/or using trays. I'm all thumbs.

But that's just me
Old 02-01-2007, 12:31 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use flight modes whenever possible. I'm not the greatest 3D pilot, not by a long shot but I like having the plane setup for precision (low rates) a snap mode (mid rates) and 3D (high rates, all the throw I can get) I still setup the high rates with loads of expo that way if I over control something I can still recover from it without causing the plane to go into another uncontrollable situation
Old 02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Ian.W

I use flight modes, with varying expo and rates for both smooth and 3D work. Fingers and thumbs, neckstrap too.
Old 02-01-2007, 01:48 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ian.W

I use flight modes, with varying expo and rates for both smooth and 3D work. Fingers and thumbs, neckstrap too.
ditto, but thumbs only.. I wish I could fly pinch, just cant seem to do it.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:43 PM
STG
My Feedback: (26)

I use fingers & neck strap. Depending on the plane I use one, two, or three rates(more throw more expo)---always on one(3way) switch.

Old 02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
YNOT

Hi and low rates on all surfaces with expo dialed into the high to give the high and low the same feel until the extreme. Thumbs no tray or strap on.

I use the rates for what I'm doing, pattern or 3D. For the most part, I'm a flipper.

I do not like rates on only 1 switch. I like the abilty to have some stuff on high and some on low.

In fact, now that I think about it, everything I fly now is all off the same program, just tweaked to the bird. I don't need to re-program everytime. And they are all based off of the Hovering Cobra profile from 10 years ago.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:02 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: YNOT

Hi and low rates on all surfaces with expo dialed into the high to give the high and low the same feel until the extreme. Thumbs no tray or strap on.

I use the rates for what I'm doing, pattern or 3D. For the most part, I'm a flipper.

I do not like rates on only 1 switch. I like the abilty to have some stuff on high and some on low.

In fact, now that I think about it, everything I fly now is all off the same program, just tweaked to the bird. I don't need to re-program everytime. And they are all based off of the Hovering Cobra profile from 10 years ago.

Yeah me too... I have elevator/rudder on one switch, ailerons on 1 switch and then I have a switch that resets everything so that no matter what positions the other switches are in the rates are setup for my IMAC throw settings.