Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Goldberg Edge 540

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Goldberg Edge 540

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
mrivas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Edge 540

im considering the CG edge 540 67", i t call for up to a 120 4 stroke would a saito 150(about 2.2 lbs w/ muffler) be too much for it?

how about a brison 2.4? it weighs about 2 3/4 lbs?

i want awesome pullout power w/ out sacrificing the edges flying characteristics

the Goldberg Edge 540 67" weighs about 9 pounds... the Saito 150 will produce an estimated 14-15 lbs of thrust while the Brison 2.4 will produce about 18-20 lbs of thrust
Old 05-29-2007, 07:39 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Goldberg Edge 540

The 2.4 is a gasser no? It has no place in a 67 inch plane.
The 150 wont be too much and the 120 is enough.Not sure on weight but a YS 140 has much more power then the others,and is a superiour motor for aerobatic and 3D flight and will fly more choices of aircraft in the future.I know it costs a bunch more,but I doubt you'll regret it later.If you dont intend to fly beyond sport aerobatics style, then the OS 120 or Saito 150 will work excellent.Perhaps a Saito 125?
Old 05-29-2007, 08:51 PM
mrivas

thanks for the input.... its cuz we have both engines lying around.... so i guess ill use the old saito 150, ...thanks for yur input
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Not sure on your elevation ,which makes a big power difference,if you need,both engines will run excellent on 30% heli fuel for extra kick.Balance and choose a good prop for it also.I dont really see a power issue with either the 1.2 or 1.5.
Good luck.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:29 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks nitro, im pretty much at sea level. i live in deep south texas, south padre island is just a hour away From my experience with the saito 150, 15 % cool power fully synthetic has run great and not backfired like it did with 10% sig fuel...... ill be sure to keep you guys posted if i do buy the goldberg.. or whatever i decide to buy...

BTW the mrivas account is mine at work, the metallica account is my home account
Old 06-06-2007, 07:10 PM
FlyrcMeredith

I would be careful and read the other post on this before I jumped out ther and purchased this plane.I happened to be a witness to Roy's maiden crash with his new Goldberg Edge 540 and after hearing the reply he recieved I am very disappointed in Goldberg . I thought that they would supply there customers with a quality product and back the use of the hardware that they supply. Evidently they don't care for there customers. Roy had a great looking plane with good gear and a good motor. The plane was built right and he had used the hardware supplied. He was not flying the plane hard at all. He had just made a few laps checking the trim and everything looked good. Then there was a flutter and it ripped the left wing off just past the the end of the wing tube. This happened three or so minutes into the normal, NOT wideopen, maiden flight. He had not even tried a roll or loop with it. On inspection of the plane after it was found it looked to evryone there that the bolts supplied with the plane for use as aileron control horns had both snapped off even with the aileron. I am very surprised and disappointed in Goldberg for not making good on this. I really hate it for Roy and futur R/C'ers that purchase this plane and have the same result.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:49 AM
headinclouds
My Feedback: (7)

Once Goldberg was sold to Lanier RC, things went downhill. Look at the owner, listen to him howl, you might then understand.