Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Flip 3D

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Kyosho Flip 3D

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 AM
broke_n_bummin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Flip 3D

I've heard (seen) people talk about them, but just that they had one and the engine it had on the nose. Are they any good for 3D like an Extra or maybe an edge 540? Can you H A them around the yard, hovers ...? They have any bad characteristics? I just inherited a new one, and the first thing that made me cringe was the covering scheme. I would imagine if I keep it I'd have to put a solid color on the bottom of the wings. Other than that any praises / disses?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:06 AM
broke_n_bummin

Default RE: Kyosho Flip 3D

Oh ... and if I do decide to keep it, it will have either an OS FL 70 or a Webra Speed 50 on it.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
piroflip2

There are some good vids of one flying on youtube.
It seems to do everything asked of it.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:36 PM
alan e mey

I've had 2 Flipps both with YS63 power .They fly great will do anything you ask of it.Bbtttt watch out for any landing that is not like a
feather,the two longrons on the bottom behind the wing will snap in a heartbeat. Beefing them with a doubbler solve the problem.Do it before
you fly it and save yourself a lot of trouble later. Fly and have fun, Alan3dflyr
Old 09-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Kevin23
My Feedback: (4)

I have one with a os 91 surpass,and love it.
flys great
Old 10-01-2007, 08:57 AM
broke_n_bummin

ORIGINAL: Kevin23

I have one with a os 91 surpass,and love it.
flys great
WOW ... and it's not too heavy and doesn't fly too fast? I tried overpowering a U Can Do 60 with a 1.08 FSR, and it was too heavy. Even with the CG moved back. And it wouldn't slow down fast enough. I know 2 strokes don't slow as fast as 4 strokes ... that's what I have flapperons for. Even with a 16X4W it was just too sluggish and heavy.
I got my Flip all together this weekend. I glassed the gear block and firewall. I was going to put that Webra on it, but I decided on a 55AX. It should have plenty of power, and still be light enough to walk around the yard.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Kevin23
My Feedback: (4)

no,not at all,I have a 15x6 prop on it.
fly's great,one of the best flying planes i have flown.
I have the rudder servo under the fuse at the back and split elevator servo's in the side's of the fuse(1 in original elev spot,the other in the original rudder spot)
cg is 150mm and fly's awesome.
will float at or near walking pace.
only down fall I have with it is it gets tossed around bad in the wind,the surfaces are too big I quess.this plane has over 1,000 in. of wing area also.

that 108 fsr is a heavy engine,and doesn't make a heap of power either.could be why the ucd was so bad.