Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

tensor 4d by e-flight

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

tensor 4d by e-flight

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 07:05 PM
louu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tensor 4d by e-flight

does anybody know where i can get one or anything about them?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
-StephenSampson-

Default RE: tensor 4d by e-flight

[link]http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EFL2100[/link] they're discontinued and only a few left probably. I had one, they are very easy to fly which actually makes it hard. They fly so perfect that its weird. knife edge hands off, hover almost hands off, not a very good plane to learn 3D because you dont have to do anything. I suggest you get one of the eflite yaks [link]http://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=EFL2125[/link] , and a eflite 400 brushless outrunner, and a 1320mah thunder power battery. I had a super lightweight setup in mine eflite 370 800mah battery 10 amp micro esc and a berg 4l receiver, it was super light but i think i would prefer the other setup with more power over the low weight. This plane is very good flying plane. It's amazing what you learn flying these little electrics because your not really scared to crash them because they're so small and you can hover them right in front of you not having to worry about them hitting you.
Old 04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Antennaman
My Feedback: (3)

Even better...

Don't waste your money on whatever kits actually remain since their being discontinued. On the RCGroups forum (ezonemag.com) search for "Sorta Tensor" You can download plans for this rig, and find a good site for depron sheets. The stuff's super cheap and if you buy 10 sheets of it for $30 you can remake the "Sorta Tensor" 5 times. In my opinion it flies better than the original tensor and also weighed less. Enjoy.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:38 PM
louu
My Feedback: (11)

thanks buddy ill definatly do that. i bought a divo and it flew awesome but it was very fragile, no matter how soft u landded it cracked somewhere. so if i get that stuff ill keep builden em myself. ill get the tensor plans too.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:16 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

If you really like foamy bipes....
Id highly recommend the Aito V2.
Its a pricey kit, but its worth every cent.
Combine it with a
Axi 2204/54, Thunderbird 9A esc, 2cell 400mah lipo, Berg 4L and some Futaba 3110, Hitec HS-50, Dymond D47's, and you will have one of the hottest flying foamy bipes ever constructed.

The build is complicated, but it is worth it.

Because the plane comes out so lightweight, it really holds up well....even to the occasional meetings with terra firma.
So far Ive managed to plant it nose down into the dirt from about 10ft up, cartwheel it in KE, land it inverted, and tons of other mayhem. So far, the only repairs Ive had to do to it is reglue the motor mount in...which was about a 3min job with some CA.

Here is a video of me flying my aito. It is by far my favorite foamy ever...and Ive had ALOT of foamies. Watch the entire video. During it you will see a few bumps and dumps....NONE of the crashes in the video required any repairs.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qBhAiEWYZ1w