Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Help on first 3d plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Help on first 3d plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:41 PM
mpw_8679

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help on first 3d plane

Hey guys, I am looking for my first 3d plane. I am looking for something in the 60 to 90 size. This will be my 4th plane and I want an ARF. My first plane was an aircore trainer then astro hog, now I'm flying an aircore colt with an os 70 surpass. I feel like I have mastered the colt. I need a plane that can take a little abuse cause of my rough runway. Rough grass. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-22-2008, 02:00 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help on first 3d plane

Forget about the ARF and go straight for the Mojo 60 from Paul Swansen. You won't regret it.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:47 AM
kid chuckles

You might consider the FRENZY it is a great plane. Does 3D very well and takeoffs and landings are a breeze. I use a Saito 125 to power mine. It is a 90 sized ARF easy build following instructions. Pretty rugged but unless you just can't land a plane you will be greatly surprised at how smooth it lands. Big wing's with very light wing loading makes it very very stable. It is fairly fast also. Hovers, flat spins, Inverted harriers, Harriers, are all smooth and with very little wing rock. Just a very very good plane for a 3rd. 4th plane. Maybe a second if you get good with the first. It is the easies flying plane i have.
ERATIX, ADDICTION, STICK, SUNDOWNER, SUPER CHIPMUNK, ULTIMATE BI, Flys easier than any of these. The Eratix is close on the floating of the landings. The color scheme grows on you pretty quick and it looks better for real than the ads make it look.

Edited to add: leave the wheel pants off and you have no problem with a grass runway that is what i fly off of and some of the runway is pretty rough.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 AM
buildflycrash

ORIGINAL: AKFireMedic

Forget about the ARF and go straight for the Mojo 60 from Paul Swansen. You won't regret it.
He's right.
Mojos Bounce when others break.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75523.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	912195