Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

gas and 3d plane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

gas and 3d plane

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:20 PM
romihensem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas and 3d plane

hi there, i'm thinking of switching to gas engines. any particular recommendations on which engines i should go for and what will amke a good combination plane for it? more of a 3d flyer... would very much prefer the edge though but have not decided on the engine. basically wat else will i need for a gas powered engine beside the engine itself? any suggestions much appreciated...
Old 03-30-2008, 08:43 PM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: gas and 3d plane

Try to get a real 50cc engine,unless you really want to stay smaller.
DA,ZDZ,BME,Taurus,Brison,3W if needing some nose weight.Brillelli has a 46,but Ithink a 50+ is coming.I think BME is not selling a 50 anymore either.Some China engines seem to OK so far like the DL50.There are others like SPE and bcmc or similar,but are not as widely used for obvious reasons.Zenoah makes a good engine but is considered a 3D engine as they weigh a bit more and have less power.There many others,but sticking to the proven and tested engines on RCU,you will have better sucess.Some guys convert poulans and chainsaws.If you want to fly performance,get a performance engine.
Just be careful you dont get some super no name deal with no parts support or warranty.
If you are tight on available funds get a DL.If you want a better engine and have a bigger budget,get one of the above mentioned

Just noticed you are in Singapore,you must have easy acess to the DL?
The BME/PAU and Wildhare Edge have good reviews
Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM
romihensem

yup me from lion city singapore. easily accessible engines here are zdz, zenoah, da and the china made melody and xyz. zsz and da are too costly for me. heard better and reliable reviews on the zenoah but a bit more doubts on the china models. not sure bout the dl though.... of course would really like a reliable engine without giving much probs in the long run...
Old 03-30-2008, 09:26 PM
nitro wing

The DL has a good reputation in N.America and is almost 1/2 price of DA.The DA is a better engine but I dont know if there is anyone that does service work for it in your area.Shipping it to the US for service or warranty maybe very costly?
This thread will over lots of reading and may help you.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_142/tt.htm
Old 03-31-2008, 12:13 AM
romihensem

thanx for the info nitro... btw any suggested site where i can make an online purchase for the dl??? might wanna give it a try...
Old 03-31-2008, 12:25 AM
nitro wing

try Peakmodel,I think its free shipping too.
http://www. peakmodel .com
Old 03-31-2008, 07:03 AM
romihensem

thanx so much nitro for the info. will definitely check out their site and see any tempting goods for grab...
Old 03-31-2008, 08:00 AM
overbored77
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: romihensem

thanx for the info nitro... btw any suggested site where i can make an online purchase for the dl??? might wanna give it a try...
You can also Get a Dl-50 from www.hobbycity.com. They are located in Hong Kong.