Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 NEED ADVISE!!! >

NEED ADVISE!!!

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

NEED ADVISE!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED ADVISE!!!

I am looking to get a 50cc gas 3D plane and would like some advice on what would be a good one to start with. The question that i have is what planes are the best for not needing coupling and mixs added in. I say this because i am loving the look of the Great Planes Patty wagstaff and a friend at the field is going with the Great Planes Sukhoi 31 because he says that it does not require coupling like the extras and edges. I would like that but do not like the look of the round body airplanes. Can anybody tell me is there really a differance in the yaks, extra's, and edges that are out there???
Old 03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: NEED ADVISE!!!

Yak and Sukhoi fly knife edge pretty true but alot will also depend on your final CG......

Yaks and suk and edge are very strong at 3d

extra are good at both but really excel at IMAC and will fly to me a bit faster since that slice the air well yak and edge seem to land slower once you get into a good groove that all fy well. its all about set-up, your skills and the list goes on and on
Old 03-30-2008, 09:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

If you want a 50cc plane for 3D do not get the Patty or the GP Sukhoi.Too small and heavy.I know they are cheaper than some others,but you are cheating yourself.
Get a Wildhare Extra or Extreme Flight Extra or Aeroworks.They also offer Edges and Sukhois and Yaks
nearly every plane will have coupling,and since nearly no manufaturer builds exact scale aerobatic planes,one cannot state that a Sukhoi will not pull in KE and this and that.It really is the design.Some companies built a look alike Yak,but really it ends up being some sort of freakish looking thing with entirely different outlines and handling character than the next company.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:06 PM
My Feedback: (29)

I would get a QQ yak 54 ($700) best choice .or a Great planes Cap 232 ($315) cheap decent plane or great planes yak 54 ($399) decent plane for dollars. even though extreme flight makes a good plane The owner Chris Hinson Will NOT stand behind his product. I will never buy another one of his planes. I bought a Yak 54 from him and all the hardware was missing including the tank , and gear , and he said tough luck.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:49 PM

This sound very unusual,have you ever posted about this before?
This was a NIB deal for 399 or some special?
Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 AM
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: skillet92

I am looking to get a 50cc gas 3D plane and would like some advice on what would be a good one to start with. The question that i have is what planes are the best for not needing coupling and mixs added in. I say this because i am loving the look of the Great Planes Patty wagstaff and a friend at the field is going with the Great Planes Sukhoi 31 because he says that it does not require coupling like the extras and edges. I would like that but do not like the look of the round body airplanes. Can anybody tell me is there really a differance in the yaks, extra's, and edges that are out there???
Skillet,
Any plane can fly without mixes, it is all in the set up of the plane, I have Extras and Edge's that fly perfect lines without coupling. The Sukhoi is one of my favorite planes though, it is a little more fun to do tumbling moves with, I only have one of those though, the rest of the planes I fly are Extras. If you want a small 50cc class plane that feels as stable as a 100cc class plane I would recommend the Dietrich 260, it is one of the most solid 50cc class planes I have ever owned and dose everything well.
If you put the weight (batteries, fuel tank, etc.) wrong on any plane it will pull to the gear or the canopy in any plane, even a Sukhoi or a Yak. All that is required on any plane to fly the way you want it is proper setup, keep the weight on the center line of the plane and they all fly well, then all you have to do is play with where the weight sits to make it rock solid in a knife edge. If it pulls to the pants, move the weight higher and a little more back, if it pulled to the canopy lower and to the front. It is all in how much time you want to spend setting the plane up and how you fly.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:22 PM

YAK
Old 03-31-2008, 06:49 PM

ORIGINAL: skillet92

for where you say "what planes are the best for not needing coupling and mixs added in"

-no planes need coupling....you try to eliminate coupling.
-every plane can use mixes. none need them, they just won't fly as good without them. My showtime 90 has mixes but it flew ok before them to.

you should get a aeroworks yak, i have never flown one but the build quality and finish make it worth the money in my opinion, and i've heard that they fly awesome to. If not check out the new hanger 9 sukhoi on horizon, it's not available yet i dont thing, but it looks awesome. it is a bit bigger but looks pretty sick.
Old 03-31-2008, 07:31 PM

Composite-Arf has a 50cc 88" wingspan Extra 260 that looks pretty nice.
Im thinking about getting one in white and paint it myself....not a bad price at $599 bucks.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:54 PM
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: mandtra

I would get a QQ yak 54 ($700) best choice .or a Great planes Cap 232 ($315) cheap decent plane or great planes yak 54 ($399) decent plane for dollars. even though extreme flight makes a good plane The owner Chris Hinson Will NOT stand behind his product. I will never buy another one of his planes. I bought a Yak 54 from him and all the hardware was missing including the tank , and gear , and he said tough luck.

You must have done something to piss him off. I purchased a 160 size Yak from them. When I received it, the canopy was slightly scuffed. He offered to replace it no charge.

I would definitely buy another one.

If you dig through the post on this plane, you'll find guys that have put 46cc engines on this plane. Seems huge to me, but then I don't fly 3D.

Kerry
Old 04-04-2008, 01:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Extreme Flight 88" Yak is the best 50cc 3D plane I've flown. Extras are better precision planes, where Yaks typically dominate in 3D. Of course, if you're not a great pilot, it won't matter which one you own.