Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Peak Models or Maxford Yak54

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Peak Models or Maxford Yak54

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peak Models or Maxford Yak54

To anyone who has actually built and flown either Peak models or MaxfordUSA Yak 54, are you using a single elevator servo setup? What kind of servos are you using (especially if you have a gas engine)? Any mods? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:16 PM
Planeclothes
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Peak Models or Maxford Yak54

Well, I guess I'll have to give myself some feedback. I just examined this plane out of the box and it does look impressive. Not a single wrinkle, unlike all the GP, H9, etc. models I've bought before. I would have preferred cf for landing gear and wing tube, but what the heck, at this price ($416 with CRRC 26cc gas engine) I don't think we can ask for more. This plane clearly looks very well designed and built though I'm still not sure if I should follow the manual's recommended single elevator servo setup (to keep it light). For a plane this size I would definitely feel more comfortable with dual elev servos, but I would like to hear from other owners first, maybe I'm wrong.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 PM
FKY1000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peak Models or Maxford Yak54

hi, if u havent assamble it yet, i would recomend you to use dual servos, just make sure you are not going to be too tail heavy.
the only advantage of using dual servos is that the elevator halve could be taken apart, the only disadvantage is weight.

if you use a single elevator servo, make sure to use at least 125oz of tork or more.

the peak models planes are very good disigned, extremely light and have very good 3d capabilities.