Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Diablotin Super FG; TOO HEAVY ???

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Diablotin Super FG; TOO HEAVY ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 04:54 PM
OAK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diablotin Super FG; TOO HEAVY ???

I'm reading a lot of posts here about the Super Diablotin FG. Some people is claiming an all-up weight of about 1600g (56oz).

How is this possible? Either is mine Super FG alot heavier than the others or you guys have the lightest radio-gear and enginge I've ever heard of.

The empty weight of the Super FG with all hardware such as wheels, etc, but WITHOUT any servos, battery, engine receiver etc. is about 1475g (52oz).

With an Irvine .53 and four 50g servos (Futaba S9252), hs-81 for throttle and a (rather heavy) battery-pack of 185g my total weight is just over 2500g (88oz).

If this is way too heavy than expected please let me know what's wrong...

This link claims an empty weight pretty close to mine though:http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...hreadid=102789

Regards
OAKK
Old 03-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Philip Praetor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diablotin Super FG; TOO HEAVY ???

Hi, i got a freind he came out 2850g i wouldn't worry if i was you. I have the diablotin 2000 and came out at 4300g and it is one of the best 3D's i've had. I'm getting diablotin XL soon can't wait... Good luck and good flights...
Old 03-24-2004, 11:02 PM
pizza
My Feedback: (24)

my diablotin super pf (park flyer) the one you see in pic weighs 69oz all up with jr 3021 servos, os46ax, mac header, es composite cf tunned muffler, 1100 aaa batt pack, jr pcm770 receiver. a friend of mine bought a diablotin standard, looks the same but weighs 32 oz more flys like a brick - I could barely hover it and it stalled badly at slow speeds. I have owned 5 of these airplanes, I would like to be buried with one of these when I go.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:32 AM
robhoneycutt

mine is 7 pounds ready to fly (e-powered).. it has almost 13 pounds of thrust and is a super cool plane to fly!

Rob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60674.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	115365