Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

micro motor & ESC

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

micro motor & ESC

Old 09-15-2009, 11:43 PM
Creedah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default micro motor & ESC

Hi,I brought a 9.8 grm micro motor from Ebay and it says to you,se a 5-10A ESC,and a 2C lipo battery I have a Pentium 10A ESC and 2C Lipo 1000mAh 12C battery and get no response from the motor.I was wondering if I have the wires connected wrong but have heard that the motor should run forward or backwards when connected can anyone help,Thanks Creedah.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:13 AM
freeair

Default RE: micro motor & ESC

is the ESC a Brushless Type ? if not it wont work with your brushless motor. if it is OK you need to do the transmitter program with the ESC and Motor with power on. also the lipo is way to big for a micro model , go for something no larger than 350mah / 2 cell. the 3 wires from motor to esc can go any way , if your prop is turning the wrong direction just swap over 2 wires.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Creedah

thanks for reply Freeair, I,ll Chase down a 350mah bat and give it a go. do you now of any micro 3D plans that would suit this motor and battery that give a CG location,Thanks.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:43 AM
freeair

have a look at Hobby City . com they do have a micro Piaget that i want as i have its bigger brother Piaget. this might give you some info.