Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

extreme flight arf's

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

extreme flight arf's

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 PM
cmr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default extreme flight arf's

I know these things aren't for sale yet, but does anybody know anything about them yet? Like are the elev. servos in the stabs or fuse sides? When are they going to be for sale? I've looked at them on their webpage but the details seem a little dim.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:15 PM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

I don't know which model you are asking about. I am on the waiting list for the 85" Yak, it has the elevator servos in the fuse sides in the tail. He is using one rudder servo, Hitec 5735 mounted up front under the canopy using a pull pull setup. But If I'm not mistaken, there are holes in the tail for rudder servos as well.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:37 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

I emailed them about it.. here's their response.. I'm waiting for the Yak!!!!!!!

Hello Vo, the 87" Yak is due at the end of September. The 65" Extra will be
here in 4-6 weeks. Please email with any further questions.
Thanks for the inquiry.
Best Regards,
Chris Hinson
President
Extreme Flight RC
Old 07-24-2003, 03:55 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they need to make a 73" YAK. I would die if they did.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:12 PM
deckerv
My Feedback: (21)

I'm hoping my G-62 would be a good match for the 87" yak.. I had an 87" Extra 230 when ACE made them, and it had unlimited vertical with that .. hoping since this may be lighter than my extra was, that this would make an awesome combo At least for IMAC and hovering
Old 07-24-2003, 06:15 PM
SunShyne

Vo that sounds like a good combo. I have read that EF makes really light planes so I think you will be fine

now Im jealous ;0
Old 07-24-2003, 08:07 PM
tetherite

The Ohio Model Planes Folks have a 65" YAK Profile on their web-site.
FYI.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:14 PM
SunShyne

thanks for the info Ray. Id prefer a standard one, I dont like the loks of profile style planes
Old 07-25-2003, 01:54 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have pre-purchased my 87" YAK from Extreme Flight RC... I have been having a long email conversation with Chis Hinson about this model over the last couple of weeks.

Here is a list of what he's told me so far:
  • The stabs are removable, but the servos are in the fuse.
  • Recommended servo arms are 1.25" long metal for all but the rudder and throttle. He used a 3" double arm on the rudder. SWB makes the ones on the prototype.
  • Recommended power plant is a DA-50-R with MTW zero drop header, KS tuned pipe for 50cc engine with 90 degree angle exhaust exit and a header/pipe coupler kit. All of this is available from Desert Aircraft.
  • Props: Mejzlik 22x10 for break-in, and Mejzlik 23x10 or Menz 24x8 after break-in.
  • 4-40 push rods are ideal.
  • Control horns: Contact Nelson Hobby in Oregon or Don's Hobby in Salina Kansas and order 4 sets of the #01B 8-32 linkages and 6 packages of the #87 ball links.
  • Servos: Chris recommends the HS-5945 digitals. I will be using the HS-5645 and HS-5625 as I already have them lying around NIB.

Here are the construction details from Chris:

the Yak is of built up wood construction with balsa sheeted foam turtledeck and hatch cover. Wings and stabs are built up. All aircraft are covered in Oracover (Ultracote). Wings and stabs are 2 piece and removeable and are mounted on carbon fiber tubes. The cowl and pants are fiberglass. Due to control surface size I highly recommend using high end digital servos (Hitec HS-5945 are what we use). The Yak will easily accept a tuned exhaust system with very little modification. We have been flying ours with a DA-50 and KS full length tuned pipe with amazing results. This set up is very quiet...
Old 07-25-2003, 02:56 AM
BBriBro
My Feedback: (2)

Originally posted by GalenB
[*] Control horns: Contact Nelson Hobby in Oregon or Don's Hobby in Salina Kansas and order 4 sets of the #01B 8-32 linkages and 6 packages of the #87 ball links.
Sounds like you got some good detailed info, but I thought it was to come with good american (nelson or rocket city) hardware??
Old 07-25-2003, 03:23 AM
wgeffon
My Feedback: (4)

BBribro..

That was the intent but Chris is having a hard time finding enough Rocket City / Nelson stuff to have it included with the planes.
I think prices will reflect that.

PLEASE ask Chris for more details on that though.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:47 AM
GalenB
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by wgeffon
BBribro..

That was the intent but Chris is having a hard time finding enough Rocket City / Nelson stuff to have it included with the planes.
I think prices will reflect that.

PLEASE ask Chris for more details on that though.
I have similar information about the Rocket City hardware and price change... However the exact amount of the price adjustment was not mentioned. And to be fair to Chris I didn't ask for details...

I forgot to add that the hard point for the 8-32 bolts are built into the control surfaces.

I heard from Chris today that he will soon be off to China for a final quality check of the YAK. It appears that things are moving along and I cannot wait to get mine!