Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 New 73" MX2! - from Redwing RC >

New 73" MX2! - from Redwing RC

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New 73" MX2! - from Redwing RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 73

I was watching the build video for the wingand I have some questions.

The double control horns usually have a flate base that is glued directly to the surface(those that I've used in the past). Is there a reason you have decided to leave those out?

Also you are installing the HS 5625 but in your other video you show how the HD DS090M is better. Why didn't you use a HD servo?

When you glue in your horns you did not mention sanding the horn material. I always do to give a good mechanical bond.

The control rods in the Sback look like the turnbuckle type are the MX2's different?

Just a tip for removing covering. It is far better to use a soldering iron then an Xacto because it will not cut the wood, plus it reseals the covering when opening up for servos.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New 73

Hey Fierce

I'd be happy to answer them. The base you talk about is unnecessary. they have plenty of holding/staying strength just as they are. Same with the sanding, it's a good tip, but not necessary. I've tested several models done just as it is in the video and have never had one pull out.

I tested it and tried pulling one out and couldn't (that is with resistance pulling straight out.. they never get this kind of resistance.. instead it is off angle, so there is no way they are coming out)

Yes, when I did the prototype of the mx2 I was still in testing phase of the ds090ms. So that is how the video was recorded.

I would recommend either servo though. the 5625s have servered me well. As a matter of fact I sell both hitec and power hd, I just have not listed the hi tec servos I offer yet.

yes, the mx2 are not turnbuckle style, just threaded rods. theres a photo on the site that you can see the hardware for it

I've tried the soldering iron method, with less sucess, but I'm sure it works well for others. I just haven't ever gotten the hang of it.

Have a good one!
Tim