Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

park brushless 370 prop load

Old 02-08-2006, 11:42 AM
rexracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default park brushless 370 prop load

I'm pretty new to this electric stuff. i have a 4100kv park (e-flight) brushless with the e-flight 20 amp ESC. I know that the right prop load is important, so can anyone tell me what kind of speed the prop should have on the 6.6:1 gearbox on a tribute? The reason I ask is because I'm going to cut down the stock 12x6 prop that came on it. I'm pretty sure it will load the motor too much, but I'm sure I can cut it down to something that will work. I just need to know how fast I should be able to spin it so I can tach it to get it to the right size.
Randy
Old 02-08-2006, 06:13 PM
rexracer

Default RE: park brushless 370 prop load

C'mon, nobody here can give me a hint on how to prop this motor/gearbox?[&o]
Old 03-08-2006, 08:27 PM
richohealey

Default RE: park brushless 370 prop load

it will spin at roughly the same speed for most props, it will just draw a number of amps reelative to the amount of work being done by the motor on the prop (ie how much air it's moving and with what force). what you need, friend is a watt meter. some high end multimeters will hanle those sort of amps, but don't bank on it. anyway, long story short it won't change much. what you should do is fly around with that prop as it is for a bit, with conservative throttle and see if the battery warms up. if it's getting very warm, or hot, you need a different prop.