RCU Forums - View Single Post - redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage
Old 03-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Xeller8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: redcat, you shouldnt show that video on your webpage

Even temps in the mid to upper 40's will affect the plastic...

As for comparing the Volcano to the T-maxx...well...thats comparing apples to oranges my friend..

The Volcano is a 1/10 and the T-maxx is a 1/8...just look at the size difference and design of the hubs ALONE...there is quite the difference...and they very well COULD use a better grade of plastic...who knows?....but I think it's more shear SIZE...thickness and design more than anything...

If you want to compare the 2 here are some important factors you should consider..

The T-maxx is priced anywhere from 380 to over 500 bucks to start depending on which model..

The Volcano is priced around 249 and under depending on where you buy it..

An open field you say?...well thats great...these should be run in an open area...however if you were snapping stuff I'm sure it wasn't a very SMOOTH field to begin with and add to that the temp thats probably why you broke the hubs...the T-maxx has WAY bigger tires and a longer wheelbase and wider stance than the Volcano therefore will travel over rough terrain in a much smoother fashion as the bigger tires and footprint will absorb more shock...as for both front shocks snapping from just running across a field?....don't know what to tell you there....sounds pretty odd to me...

But there you go...these are 2 ENTIRELY different machines...you can't pull a Volcano out of the box and expect it to keep up and do the things you can do with a T-maxx....again....apples to oranges...and if a T-maxx would make you happier go for it!...they are great trucks but it's unfair to judge the Volcano based on the T-maxx.