RCU Forums - View Single Post - another "fly without an instructor" question
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
roltech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: another "fly without an instructor" question

ORIGINAL: elenasgrumpy

I understand what you're saying roltech. I'm surprised that your friend with 35 yrs flying experience never mentioned anything to ya about the MAAC or AMA.[&:] The important thing is ya got it done safely, no harm-no foul right?
At the time he did not belong to clubs, he spends most of the time in the US FL. in winter, I only see him in spring and the fall, he also has a place out hear near a beach. he recommeded me to join a club, and the rest was club rules. I learned a lot just listening about RC model plane, he was also the one recommended that I get the Nexstar.
But like some one else mentioned you don't have to get an instructor or join a club. we all would like to really see all RC's to join a club and get an instructor, but so far it's not the law here anyways. and to push the issue to anyone who are not, is IMOP it's not right, the only reason we would like to see all to join, is to protect us, from bad rep, and safety, of others. Anyway we all know what is the right thing to do.

roltech