RCU Forums - View Single Post - Orion Plans
Thread: Orion Plans
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Frank Schwartz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Orion Plans

I have an Orion kit..about 90 to 95% complete...ribs punched out and perhaps a few bulkheads missing..but the rest of it is there....I think.. I bought it some years ago from a local who is now deceased, who assured me it was all there...and later I found out he had punched out all the parts..etc,., etc.. I built one way back when the kit first came out, with reeds, of course, and a K&B 45...also a warped wing that I could never straighten.
Even soaked the framework in a bathtub and then clamped it in a specially made frame and when dry, it snapped right back where it had been....but with some aileron trim, it flew pretty well.......so, now after all these decades, I am going to build it...again... for perhaps a VCRCS event. Will probably fly it with an older OS 40FSR...unless someone has a better suggestion.
Now I think there was an instruction book, and if so, is not in this box...and also I have two sheets of plans. One sheet is marked "Plate one" and has the fuselage and one wing panel. The other sheet has the stab....
What I need to know is--------- if anyone can tell me if there was a third sheet, or one built the wing, both sides, from the single half wing drawing... In the old days, I rubbed the plans with cooking oil and flipped it over....
Thanks.....