RCU Forums - View Single Post - EDF Airliner build thread
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 11:17 PM
serdark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EDF Airliner build thread

My 301 contruction is in progress. I have not yet started assembling the fuselage, since I have been busy with the wings. I have changed the plan a little bit for a scale look while trying to maintain the flight characteristics of the finished model. There is one little exception: I have changed the elevator design and split the stabilizer from the elevators. This will change the controllability of the model (will make it less responsive).

Attached are photos for the contruction in progress:

The fin with the rudder
The stabilizer with the split elevators
The wing with a slighly modified aileron and extending split flaps
The pylon (balsa) which will house the servo arm and rails for the carbon fiber flap connection rods
I have also added the drawing of the extending flaps for those of you who might be interested. As you can see, when the flap extends, it will move away from the wing and also downwards. In a fully extended state, it will be 1 inch away from the wing and 15 degrees (from the wing bottom). It works as follows: The flaps are connected to two rods (carbon). Each rod goes through one of the slits on the pylon. When the servo arm pushes the flap, the rods make it move in the desired position. Well there is no other drawing to clarify but you got the idea...

Cheers
Serdar
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42490.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	425154   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45901.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	425155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35864.jpg