RCU Forums - View Single Post - 456MB Dragon 40 ARF --anybody got one?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:51 PM
freakingfast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 456MB Dragon 40 ARF --anybody got one?

The dragon is a vary nice flying plane. I Have an Evolution 46 NT with a Jett in cowl muffler turning a 11-5 APC in it. The plane has one weak point however, it's the landing gear mounting blocking as mentioned earlier. If you have a dead stick and you have to land in the grass, the gear will snag and pull the bottom out of the fuselage. The easiest fix for this is to knock out the factory L.G. blind nuts and install new 1/4-20 or M6 blind nuts for plastic screws. This way the landing gear will sheer off and let the plane slide along. Works like a champ for me (3 dead sticks in the grass, over a hundred flights). Two other guys weren't so lucky (RC country employees). With a strong 46- 50 class two stroke this plane will fly knife edge all day at half throttle AND at full power knife edge LOOPS ! I punish this plane HARD! It will do outside loops too, however if you push too hard it will roll out of it. Takeoffs are easy, 15 feet and your up, 25 feet and pull back and go strait up. Be ready on the rudder for landings, the tail likes to come around just before the tail wheel drops, especially if theres no head wind to help keep it strait. For strength, glass the wing halfs all around. Go with one size larger control rods for rudder and elevator too. Drip thin CA all around the joints inside of the fire wall, wing hanger, L.G mounting bock or any other place that looks dry of glue. Put a drop of blue Locktite (removable) on the wing screws each time you put the wings on. Epoxy the tail area well. SIG cub yellow is the perfect match to paint the white cowl and wheel pants. Hope this helps!