RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2006, 03:27 AM
SydDythers
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rollin' my own 50CC Yak 54

Good news,

The new parts came in today and I have now assembled the fuse. I still need to add a couple things here such as stringers, which should total an additional 5 or 6 ounces. The fuse and firewall combined weigh 1 lbs 9 ounces. It should come in well under 2 lbs when complete. To give some perspective, my BME Edge fuse and firewall weighed 3lbs 2oz and I thought that was light! If all the other components I am assembling were to be equal in weight to my Edge then I'd be looking at an all up weight of around 15lbs 6 ounces. I am quite confident that it will come in well below that and will be in my target range of 14.5 to 15 lbs. Considering everything about this design will be larger than my EF Yak and BME Edge, I'm guessing this thing will be a ball of fun to fly. The wing area alone will be about 10% greater on my design over the EF Yak. Of course, it remains to be seen if the construction and design techniques I've chosen will be up to the task of some serious "hucking"!

Tomorrow will see me finishing the fuse but first I'll have to go to the store and pick up some more medium CA...one bottle just isn't enough

Cheers,

John