RCU Forums - View Single Post - After-run oil question
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Fuelman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: After-run oil question

One quick question, can I use ATF? Is 20W50 auto engine oil also useable? I have a Caliber 30 Heli and I have installed a air filter on it. Its really hard to get to the Carbeurator in it without unmounting the engine. Is there any other way to get this stuff in the engine after using it? I dunno where to find Risoline in UAE.
You can use the ATF or 20W-50, no problem.

With the air filter installed, it would probably be easier to inject it via a syrange or something similar into the carb fuel inlet nipple. If you can not get to the carb fuel nipple easy, then add a "T" somewhere between the carb and fuel tank and just pinch off the tank side when you inject the oil into the line. Of course you must cap off the part of the "T" you inject oil into when trying to run the engine. You could also use it to refuel if you pinch off the carb side of the "T".

Keep in mind that you must have the carb throttle set to wide open or full throttle for the oil to get into the engine and then you can spin it over with a starter gently so you do not hydrolock it.