RCU Forums - View Single Post - zAGI 5C
Thread: zAGI 5C
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2006, 08:00 PM
slopeguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: zAGI 5C

Thanks for all of your help on this. I have tried to reverse the servos on the transmitter and that will not change the throw of the Futaba servo. The only way to get the servo to travel in the correct direction is to turn off the elevon mixing at the transmitter, then the servo will reverse. This is no good because then I don't have the necessary mixing for elevons.

I balanced the plane at 8" back which is on the rear carbon fiber reinforcement in the wing. It took 1 and a half oz. to get it balanced. The hill that we fly from has great up lift and actually gets a lot of compression at the top of it. I have tried it in winds of 10mph to 26 mph and get the same results.

I really appreciate your input on this and I don't want to sound like I am ignoring your suggestion because I'm not, I have just tried most of your suggestions.

I honestly believe that it is caused by the servo (Futaba) because it works fine with the Hitec servo. I ordered 3 new servos (Hitec) and I'm sure that this will be the remedy. Just wondered if anyone else ever ran into this problem. As soon as I get the servos and get them in the plane I will try your recommendations and see if we can get this thing to fly. I will keep you all posted, and again THANKS GUYS !