RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine
Old 03-20-2006, 08:40 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine

Let us quit bragging about our expensive gas engines and fly this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you guys don't, I will in a few days. I can't afford a fancey engine right now so, it will have to be my old ST-2500. Might barely hover at full trottle, but I'm sure it will fly the dang thing. It's only a "thing" until it flys.
Amen brother !!!!!! Let’s get these planes together and fly the darn things. Then if you like we can spend the rest of the flying season measuring RPMs, thrust, etc, so we can brag which engine is the best. In the meantime a whole bunch of kids will be 3D'ing their foamies like regular Quique Somenzini, and having the time of their life.

We are sure getting a bit too ultra technical, instead of having fun and getting some fun fly time experience. Is not super tweaked engines in very expensive airframes what wins tournaments. Good eyesight, hand eye coordination, quick reflexes and youth is what makes ANY plane fly like a tournament ship. I have been flying so far this year almost once a week, and I think I am getting rusty.

So I can't wait to try this bird out in the air, where it belongs, and see what it can do. I'll worry about trimming and performance when I get there. Good luck to all, and post any info on all those upcoming maidens.