Thread: Rc Fuel Faq
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 12:21 AM
Fuelman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rc Fuel Faq

DerFly,
Acetone will help idle and transition a bit in small quantities (3%) when using zero nitro fuels. I have used it on the bench to test theories and yes it does just what I mentioned. As far as top end performance, no difference was noted.
When you add acetone to a nitro based fuel, I could not notice any change in idle or transition, so I essentially call it a needless addition, in fuel with 5% nitro or greater.

Jetstarblue,
The little droplets you see are condensated methanol, not water.
This has been a common miscoception about the "sweat" in the bottle being water. I can fill a jug half full of pure methanol (with a nitrogen blanket) and get the same small dropletts forming on the upper part of the bottle. Water will not evaporate out of methanol, methanol evaporates out of water.

Still, as I have mentioned many times, and I'm sure every other fuel manufacturer will agree; The best way to get water out of fuel is to prevent it from getting in there in the first place. Tightly capped, in a cool dry dark place is your best bet. Only open it enough to get fuel transfered.

Fuelman