RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine
Old 03-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine

Actually the new version of the QQ Yak is 73" and features not just an 1" wider WS, but more wing area due also to a deeper chord... Approximately 1048 I think.

The GP Yak is 81" and 1138 sq in.

They are really different sized birds... however if both are equipped with an O.S. 1.60 FX they will have similar wingloadings but of course the 73" QQ will have a greater power to weight ratio.

I'm guessing the GP will build out at around 13.5 with the OS 1.60 and the QQ will come in around 12 or so...

The QQ comes now with CF wingtube, balllinks and 4/40 titanium pushrods.

They should also be available first part of April... and shipping by mid month perhaps sooner...

On the other side of the coin, I've reviewed the GP Ultimate 1.60 and CAP 232 1.60... both in the performance series, and they were both built most excellent, quality all around. Not all the higher end CF stuff as QQ planes... but really nice. I have yet to fly the CAP, but the Ultimate was a wonderful flying plane.

SO I suppose it comes down to what you prefer...

The GP is larger and comes with a spinner, the QQ is a little smaller but will offer a good deal more power to weight ratio at a similar wingloading. They are similarly priced when you include shipping.