Thread: Rc Fuel Faq
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 04:49 AM
Fuelman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rc Fuel Faq

Pepe,
To the best of my knowledge, at this time, none of the additives that are commonaly available for the automotive world will do what you are looking for. I assume you intend it to be an additive to the fuel you are currently using. The best cure is to prevent it altogether in the first place.

Nothing that we have tested in the automotive market will remove castor varnish or carbon deposits when added to a glow fuel. That is not to say that nothing exists, we just know that nothing we've tried that's currently on the market works.

On the bright side, in four strokes, carbon reduction can be reduced by running a low castor formula fuel or an all synthetic fuel. Through extensive testing of four stroke engines and ringed engines, we found that a fuel containing 18% synthetic and 2% castor did not produce a carbon build up on the valves or ring. Discoloration yes, build up- NO. One engine was run on the bench for at least half of the 1000, 12oz tanks. No carbon build up, only a slight discoloration from castor varnish was present. The ring was free and clear with a marvelous seal, bearings were clean and smooth and corrosion free. Results were the same with an all synthetic, only no castor varnish was present. These tests were with engines correctly tuned and not intentionally abused.
Fuel tested in four strokes with 16% synthetic and 4% castor had a slightly greater varnish but other than that, the valves and ring were free and clear without any deposit formations that would inhibit proper operation.

I hope this helps shed at least a little light on your question.

Fuelman