RCU Forums - View Single Post - Photos Of Trailer Interior Layout, Please Post Yours Too!!
Old 03-26-2006, 01:00 PM
rfaster
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lock

Well my Haulmark 5X10-Vnose was finally ready for pickup last weekend (9 weeks....)

I must say that I think I underestimated how much work it will be to take the trailer to the airfield. I purchased the trailer so I could haul my 42% and thought it would be easy to load the plane - and hook up to my SUV and haul it to the field. My problems begain when I realized that I would not be able to "manhandle" the trailer up my driveway (Just too heavy). My plan was to strore it in my Garage and simply drop the trailer at the bottom of my driveway and push it up and into the garage.
** Also is there a better way to line up your vehicle with the trailer - currently I have my wife directing me in.. but I hate to think that I need 2 people every time I want to take my trailer to the field.

So far this is how I'm attempting to get the trailer up my driveway-
1 - I back the trailer as close to my driveway as I can get - then detach the trailer and manhandle it to the right side of my driveway (line it up etc...) - then have to hitch the trailer back to my SUV and try to drive it straight up my driveway.

This is my first time towing a trailer - and I'm hoping it will get easier with time- any suggestions would be appreciated -

I was also looking to see if they made a powered device that will attach to the 3rd wheel and allow me to move the trailer - like a trailer buddy?

Would be interested to hear how other folks back their trailer's into their driveway's - best practices etc...