RCU Forums - View Single Post - Photos Of Trailer Interior Layout, Please Post Yours Too!!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 AM
jmiracle
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lock

I struggled with the same problems after I purchased my 6x10......only I need to store my trailer behind my garage which means pushing/pullling it through about 40ft of grass.

I bought one of those dollys in the post above and it worked great in the driveway.....I could manuver the trailer anywhere I wanted almost effortlessly.....but pulling it through the grass was another problem all together.

My solution was to find a used 1/2hp electric motor with a 60:1 gearbox. I then had a chain sprocket welded to the hub of one wheel. The 2nd wheel is on an axle that is attached to the wheel/sprocket so both wheels are driven.

A little bit of wiring on the motor gave me forward/reverse and an on/off push-button so I can precisely park the trailer when I done with it.

I found the dolly at a local Menards for $29.....the motor/gearbox I purchased used for $100.....some misc parts/chain/sprockets.....another $50. This is much much cheaper than purchasing one of the ready-made electric dollys meant for much bigger trailers (they retail for $1000 +).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48731.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	433994