RCU Forums - View Single Post - Petition and Corp Can. complaint solicitation
Old 03-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Rann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Petition and Corp Can. complaint solicitation

I had a nice long chat with a gent at the sportsplex about a block from my house today... in between his DLG flights. He is not a member of MAAC (didn't know it existed!) though he admitted the idea of MAAC's insurance sounded awfully nice to him! Yet his ignorance of MAAC certainly didn't hinder his enjoyment of his hobby

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01
I'd Cut my losses, put my hat in my hand, quietly and without fanfare, approach the board with no supporters, no lawyers, no chips, and find out what it will take to get my membership back? "Winning" some vague battle would not be worth potentially not being able to fly toy airplanes anymore. Hopefully, it isn't too late? Friendly advice.
Complaint number 2:
<SNIPPED for brevity>
The fact that removing Mr. Smith’s membership in the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada will remove his ability to take part in the hobby of his choice. <SNIP>
True Sharpy01, he should listen to your sage advice.... but Mr Smith doesn't NEED MAAC membership to fly his toy planes! It just is easier to get insurance! (I will bite my tongue about Mr Smith and insurance)

Ultimately, Mr Smith and his followers signed their membership renewals(how many times???) without due regard for this little gem:

I will abide by the rules and regulations that have been established, or will in future be established, by the Model Aeronautics Association of Canada.
That just wiped out the clean slate defence.... especially as by their submitting resolutions from their AZM to change confidential preliminary draft bylaws before they were even finalized... let alone passed as bylaws, it shows they knew full well what the intent of the new bylaws they are now complaining about were . Claiming ignorance and "clean slate" is passing so much moonshine!

Having dealt with Industry Canada on related matters, I really don't think any such petition will gain any traction. The voting method , I know, had been discussed at length with Industry Canada. The pre-approval of the bylaws was done to ensure that the wording was correct so that the constitution reform could be finished for a while and we could take a breather to get other business done.

Pretty sad that he STILL will not address the real issues and seeks to avoid them AGAIN.