RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bird of time Help Please
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2006, 08:18 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Bird of time Help Please

Another option for the wings mounted with the old standard rubber band on top deal would be to glue on some half dowel keys onto the lower surface so that they are just beside the inside edge of the fuselage at the leading and trailing edges. That way they sort of key the wing into place so it's not skewed at an angle and also will prevent the wings sliding open unless it's a serious groundloop or something of the sort.

For the stab wires done that way the simple solotion is just to bend a slight curve by finger pressure into the main wire. That'll provide enough fiction to hold it. I prefer the smooth finger bending curve over grabbing it with the pliers and putting in a kink since the kink is REALLY critical while the overall curve is a far smoother and long term consistent sort of friction. The screw or snap action is a lot nicer I must admit. I've done a snap action on a couple of mine and it's nice and positive. I've also done the friction thing without any trouble as well.

The friction pressure should be around 10 to 20 oz of push to get it to slide into place.