RCU Forums - View Single Post - What should i buy to start out in R/C?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2002, 03:43 AM
JAG-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i buy to start out in R/C?

Electric. Also, remember after every week or so if you have an open endbell motor, take out the brushes and thake off the endbell and clean it under running water, reassemble, dry, and run. Also, keep the brushes nice and shiney. Also, Cycle your batteries. Charge, discharge, charge, discharge. Also, use an electric speed control. They are about $50 for a decent one. Motors can be between $20-$35 for one to get you started. At least a 1500 MH battery to keep you going, and Lightspee plugs to keep things smooth. Those are just some basic tips. VERY basic. Everyone knows that stuff, but you just concentrate on finding a car that makes you happy. I would go with either the Traxxas Stampede, Traxxas Rustler, o Traxxas Bandit. They are easy to modify, tune use, and they are easy to assemble if you get the kit. I recommend the kit. It gives you an idea of the car and it limitations. You also get a feel for what the car can do and get some knowledge of repair, and tuning. It also gives you knoledge on what can go wrong and hoe to prevent and fix it. There is of course A LOT MORE information out there that you should know before you start, but that should get you oging for now. Good luck and we hope to see more of you around here. Hope I was any help to you.

JAG