RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Fuel to use?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 12:19 AM
Dr Nitro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wich Fuel to use?

more oil does not mean better than less most of the time yes. but racing fuels use higher grade synthetics which offers more power
with almost the same protection as high oil cheap plane fuel.
You have been reading too much marketing hype. If it is so much better than why do car engines rarely make it past 4 gallons, even the backyard bashers? Why do car engines only have a super short warranty, generally 30 or so days? Show me a car engine run with car fuel that makes it to 400 hours of run time and I will take your statement into consideration.

I only know of one company that uses a high enough grade synthetic in their car fuel to warrent such a statement as you made, and it is not the fuel you mention.

The only reason car fuel costs so much is because all the car companies have somebody else make it for them and that just adds another middleman into the equation. Trinity, HPI, Traxxas, MegaTech, Orion, Blue Thunder, White Lightning, Duratrax, Red Alert, all of them. All those full page adds in all the car magizines, they cost a small fortune, you the customer are paying for all that by giving up the big bucks to use your favorite car fuel. Byron makes car fuel and charges a huge premium for it just because everybody else does, so they get away with it too.