RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
tuwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

ORIGINAL: jb86

and keep some debonder handy for the mishap when you glue your fingers together.
Hey, i resemble that remark. See post [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=3899491]63[/link]

Fasa, yes I do pretty much exactly what jb86 said. As a general statement any wood I have to put glue on & push it together I use thick CA to give me a little extra time. (emphasise the word little). For things such as the wing rib's & fuse you line them all up without glue & then use Medium CA on all of the joints. It wicks into the wood for a strong joint. My shop is in the garage & the only problem I have with fumes is when I'm sheeting becuase I'm pouring CA all over the top of the wing. But on the bright side I feel really good when it's done. [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
I don't use CA a lot, but it's very handy to have around when you're bending sheeting & want it to stay where it's at.
I use 30 minute epoxy for the tail feathers & the firewall as well as any areas I want to give some extra strength or have extra working time.

You'll find if you dig around RCU there are dozens of CA versus Wood Glue debates & it really comes down to personal preference & building style. I love to build, but I'm still a little impatient so CA really suits me. I also like to follow the directions start to finish whereas you'll see a lot of the wood glue builders work a little on everything because they'll move to other parts of the build while waiting for one part to dry.

As for which is stronger, I have no clue; but I built my Somethin Extra with all CA & it handles full speed snap rolls with ease & has had a few rough landings with no problems.

Good luck!