Thread: Spinners
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spinners

ORIGINAL: voyager_663rd

had a plastic (dubro?) spinner shatter on an os 91fs (using a starter). they are not recommended for 4 strokes.

I've seen this repeated enough to wonder just why??? Methinks it may be because some guys like to get a running start; they spool up the starter and then jam it against the spinner. I've seen several plastic spinners come apart from that practice; on both four AND two stroke engines.

I've run plastic spinners on four strokes for almost twenty years, and the only time I've had an issue was with an el cheapo "Pacific Rim" plastic spinner that came in an ARF. A YS 91 FZ made short work of it during a back-fire... The moral of that story, as has been mentioned, is don't run your engines too lean.

But I've had absolutely NO problems with Dubro or Goldberg spinners, up to a Saito and Laser 150, including YS 91 FZ and 120N, OS 91 and 70 Surpass, etc., etc.

I do indeed like Tru-Turn spinners; but nowadays you just about have to mortgage your first-born to afford one. I use one on my BME 50, and have one for the Laser 150; but that Laser is wearing an old 3" CG plastic spinner right now.

I simply cannot understand how all these folks are blowing up DuBro & CG plastic spinners; those things are pretty much bullet-proof.