RCU Forums - View Single Post - What The.... Noooooooo!
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 05:29 AM
intrim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What The.... Noooooooo!

Well ive been reading all the posts hearing about all the strange things perhaps TI will do when its turned on. at first i really didnt seem to be bothered with it because i never really had a trouble in regards to this issue. i started out witha df5ti all i had was a four ch radio so i had to arm ti ,right from the start. I can fly without it but not having the dual rates made it a little touchy. but i wanted a radio that actually had some features so i got the 6 ch futaba computerized 6exap that dfy has on the web. spectrolutions was fixing a loose crystal when my new radio arrived. so i waited and waited and it just arrived today. i took off my cf blades and put on the new black blades and went flying . the new blades are cool super quiet compared to cf blades. i cannot believe how much better it flys without ti turned on . sky you shouldnt have any problem flying without ti. its the blades, they provide a level of stability that does not compare to stiff cf blades. its like flying a totally different heli.the stiff blades remined me of how the rotor head on my heli is so much more responsive because of the flat angle on aerobatic head compared to a beginners heli with the blades in somewhat of a y configuration before you even turn it on. its that y angle that provides a more stable hovering craft when air vectors out at this angle. I think the same principle applies to the new blades.. well up until now i have been flying without ti. I still did everything the same like a would with the 4 ch radio. so im looking at the ti switch on the radio thinking if this thing flys this good i wonder what it's going to feel like with the ti on. no i was in a rock steady hover 4-5 feet in altitude. i got 2 solid green lights when i armed it . i am out away from any objects that could reflect heat because the df will tilt away from heat but ther wasent any sources around. it is 5 pm so i shouldnt have a problem with the wobbles during the transistion to darkness. i fliped on the ti switch and immediatly the df flipped upside down and slamed into the ground hitting the board so hard it broke the canopy and seriously tweaked the 4 thermal sensors. the board is hosed. i never did that much damage to it in a month and a half of crashes . and remember it even took off once out of site and landed on a ladys backdeck unassisted over 2 miles away. all that did was dis lodge the magnets in the motors. but this new 6 ch radio with the ti switch managed to destroy my board and i only flew it for 5 minutes. so i am overnighting back to speculations but im thinking of removing the switch because it flys so stable with the new blades i dont think you need it. but i would like to know what did this because i feel frustrated watching that german just about beat that microdrone off with a bat and its still in the air. one flip of the switch shouldnt do this its like my df forgot the ground is warmer that the sky. why else would it want to self correct its self by turning upside down. what would happen if instead of holding it up you pointed down at the ground. shouldnt it still work the only thing different would be the sensors exactly backward but how would that affect how it deals with the horizon. or do you think it wouldnt know the sky, from, say the ground? my TI is dislexic

mike